Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Sixties - Tom Jones








Tom Jones - Along Came Jones (1965)
The debut album 1965


01. I've Got A Heart 
02. It Takes A Worried Man 
03. Skye Boat Song 
04. Once Upon A Time 
05. Memphis, Tennessee 
06. Watcha' Gonna Do 
07. I Need Your Loving 
08. It's Not Unusual 
09. Autumn Leaves 
10. The Rose 
11. If You Need Me 
12. Some Other Guy 
13. Endlessly 
14. It's Just A Matter Of Time 
15. Spanish Harlem 
16. When The World Was Beautiful 

From The Heart (1966)

Диск, принесший мировой успех.
 Песня “It’s Not Unusual” стала международным хитом. 



01. Begin The Beguine 
02. You Came A Long Way From St. Louis 
03. My Foolish Heart 
04. It's Magic 
05. Someday (You'll Want Me To Want You) 
06. Georgia On My Mind 
07. Kansas City 
08. Hello Young Lovers 
09. A Taste Of Honey 
10. The Nearness Of You 
11. When I Fall In Love 
12. If Ever I Would Leave You 
13. My Prayer 
14. That Old Black Magic 

Green Green Grass Of Home (1967)

With Green, Green Grass of Home, Tom Jones began to abandon his teenage pop audience to concentrate on a more mature, middle of the road group of listeners. Although he did include uptempo R&B numbers like "Kansas City," and the album's strongest moments occurred when he concentrated on standards and country tunes like the title track, "My Mother's Eyes," and "That Old Black Magic," or when he turned in laidback soul songs like "Any Day Now." The album was still inconsistent, as Jones over-sang several of the tracks, but it was easily the best album he had recorded to date.


01. Riders In The Sky 
02. He'll Have To Go 
03. Funny Familiar Forgotten Feelings 
04. Sixteen Tons 
05. Two Brothers 
06. My Mother's Eyes 
07. Green, Green Grass Of Home 
08. Ring Of Fire 
09. Field Of Yellow Daisies 
10. Wish I Could Say No To You 
11. All I Get From You Is Heartaches 
12. Mohair Sam 
13. Cool Water 
14. Detroit City 


Help Yourself (1968)

The infectious title track was a Top 40 hit and it helped make Help Yourself Tom Jones' first Top Ten album, but the record was weighed down by lackluster material, making the album his weakest set since A-Tom-Ic Jones.


1. Help Yourself 
2. I Can't Break the News to Myself 
3. Bed 
4. Isadora 
5. Set Me Free 
6. I Get Carried Away 
7. This House (The House Song) 
8. So Afraid 
9. If I Promise 
10. If You Go Away 
11. My Girl Maria 
12. All I Can Say Is Goodbye 
13. Ten Guitars 
14. What a Party 
15. Looking out My Window
16. Can't Stop Loving You 
17. Let There Be Love 
18. Without Love 







No comments:

Post a Comment