*****
Colin Blunstone and Rod Argent
Legendary British Invasion innovators The Zombies made some of the most sublime melodic pop-rock of the 1960s, and their three Top 10 smashes—"She’s Not There," "Tell Her No," and "Time Of The Season"—are all-time classic hits. Their distinctive sound was due in large part to Colin Blunstone’s masterful vocals and Rod Argent’s keyboard wizardry. The reunited pair proves that theirs is a timeless partnership with AS FAR AS I CAN SEE . . . , the first studio album of original Zombies material in more than 30 years!
******
Well, I fell for it. In a year of highly touted reunions by everyone from the Pixies to Mission of Burma, I wanted to believe that The Zombies' first album since 1968's psych-pop masterpiece Odessey & Oracle would be a first-class tour de force. "We haven't come together cynically, or to make a buck," songwriter and keyboardist Rod Argent assures us in the liner notes. LIES! Argent and singer Colin Blunstone have been touring together for the past few years, and even released a disc together under their own names, 2002's unremarkable Out of the Shadows, that should have served as a stern warning. But their new record gets the Zombies name, Argent writes, because it has a "group" sound, and because all the songs were written with Blunstone's voice in mind-- presumably including "I Don't Believe in Miracles", originally from Blunstone's 1972 solo record Ennismore, which here gets the 80s soft-rock treatment, "Rose for Emily" piano intro notwithstanding. and ...More...
*******
1. In My Mind a Miracle
2. Memphis
3. Southside of the Street
4. I Want to Fly
5. Time To Move
6. I Don't Believe In Miracles
7. As Far As I Can See
8. With You Not Here
9. Wings Against The Sun
10. Together
11. Look For A Better Way
**********

No comments:
Post a Comment
RULES :
1. ANONYMOUS REQUESTS WITHOUT ANSWER ! If you take the time to write a message, take a few seconds to sign it with your name, please.
2. If you think that the post was made in violation of your copyright, just report it in the comments and we will delete the material.
3. You can report of about dead links, but please don't make more than one - two repost request per week.