Recorded privately on the 1960s garage rock label from Reading, Pennsylvania.
This rare regional vinyl.albums is a showcase of amateur psych/garage rock bands, that were active in the PA area in 1968.
Thanks to the help of friends, I was able to put together three albums. It's a very interesting collection. You wouldn't call this collection purely garage; rather, its value lies in its diversity. And most importantly, it's a spontaneous, uncommercial performance, where only youth, drive, and a love of music reign supreme. For some, these melodies might remind them of the time when they themselves plucked strings and drummed at school and college parties... Please understand that all the tracks are taken from the internet "as is," but that doesn't stop you from enjoying them. I hope you enjoy them and discover something new.
Various – Williamsport PA 1968
01. Something Else - The Caldwell Purple Wren (3:04)
02. The Dynamic Centuries - Sweet Lorraine (2:02)
03. The Heavenly Scent - Fire (2:45)
04. The Vandals - Groovin Is Easy (3:09)
05. Cordouroy Canopeners - Lady Madona (1:57)
5a. Cordouroy Canopeners - Hold On I'm Comin' (1:44)
06. The Crisman Trio - Girl From Ipanema (3:28)
07. The Illegitamates - Since I Fell For You (3:50)
08. The Music Rebellion - Born To Be Wild (3:34)
09. Debbie Collins - Hiroshima (3:11)
10. Elysium - It Was A Very Good Year (4:06)
Various – Reading 1968
01. The Globe Theatre - I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know (3:27)
02. Bon Aires - You Don't Know Like I Know (2:21)
03. The Compliments (2) - Give Me One More Chance (2:56)
04. Expeditions In Sound - Break On Through (2:21)
05. The Merging Few - Letter (2:21)
06. The Merging Traffic - Midnight Hour (2:04)
07. Incredible Soul-Tet - Cowboys To Girls (2:46)
09. Sound Tracks– Where Can I Go? - missed
08. The Walls Of Sound - Sunshine of Your Love (3:11)
10. The Licorace Philosophers - House Of The Rising Sun (3:26)
11. Strawberry Tuesday - Return Of The Walrus (2:41)
12. The Wild Rebels - New York City (2:31)
Various – Altoona 1968
01. The Young Lords - I'll Sing You A Song (2:38)
02. Symbols Of Tyme - I Want To Testify (2:48)
03. The Day After - The Graduate (2:25)
04. The In-Mates - You'll Never Care (3:12)
05. Aftermath (29) - Soul Kitchen (2:54)
06. Society's Children - I'll Find A Way (2:16)
07. Gay And The Gaylords - Hey! I Don't Care (2:51)
08. The Showmen - That's The Way It Is (3:02)
09. The Inspirations - Dance On Through (2:48)
10. Cry Freedom - Spoonfull (1:55)
Singles
The Weyds
1. The Weyds - How Its Gonna Be (0:30)
2. The Weyds - Sugar And Spice (0:33)
Soul Intentions
3. Soul Intentions - Away with me (3:02)
Society's Children
4. Society's Children - I'll Find A Way (2:16)
5. Society's Children - You Baby (2:09)
Thanks for helping my friends Jose, Jeff D, Peter and Meinhartstock
====================================
It Remains To Find
Various – Hazleton 1968
https://www.discogs.com/release/16127260-Various-Hazleton-1968
There is no information about the artists on Discogs, so if you have any, please share it in the comments.






Sorry Dmitrich, don't have, but they do look interesting, if someone can help !
ReplyDeleteHello Dmitrich,
ReplyDeletesorry, but here in Germany I have never seen this Garage sampler. Hope you get an offer for this rare albums!!
Please give a new link for CD The Dearly Beloved - Rough Diamonds The History Of Garage Band Music (1965-1967)
https://allmusic-wingsofdream.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-dearly-beloved-rough-diamonds_68.html
Thanks for your help!!!
Greetings
Tom
My old friend Dmitrich.
ReplyDeleteI saw on the link to the album Reading 1968 on Discogs, in the video column, that all the songs are there, taken from the original vinyl. It would be interesting to remake the album.
I hope to see it posted here soon.
Greetings from Spain.
Jose
Hi my friend
DeleteI did what I could. But there is actually very little information.
And I have a little sadness and resentment from such lost in time, forgotten and inaccessible albums. Such a feeling that people leaving footprints in the sand went to nowhere… Similar releases worthy of their reissue in decent quality and information…
Best Wishes from Moscow
HiDmitrich.
ReplyDeleteThe album "Williamsport PA." is on YouTube, as a single track.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFiLO18ODD0&t=426s
You can cut each song and remake the album.
My old friend, you've got a lot of work piling up, but it's very pleasant for the cold Moscow nights.
If you need any help, you know where to find me.
Cheers
Jose
Hi Jose
DeleteMy dear friend, this is what I was doing today on a cold Moscow night... 8)))
Thanks to coffee, portions of brandy and Audasity. And thanks a lot to you for attention and help.
No active link button for the fourth part of the post here, Empire Records Singles, but thanks a lot; and Please, can you fix it????!!?? Thanks for all the efforts!
ReplyDelete09. Sound Tracks– Where Can I Go? - https://pixeldrain.com/u/QJzSPzWS
ReplyDeleteThanks to Peter
Glad you found them records. I did a research yesterday, without any prize. Thanks for uploading.
ReplyDeleteThere isn't a link for the Society's Children comp.
ReplyDeleteFixed
DeleteHAZLETON 1968” SUPER RARE PSYCH COMP! FROM NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA.
ReplyDeleteEMPIRE RECORDS NO NUMBER (MATRIX 868-577)
THE HANDS OF TYME “MR. DIEINGLY SAD”
THE PEDESTRIANS “SUNSHINE OF YOUR LOVE"
BOSTON TEA'S "HOLD ON I'M COMING"
THE GRINGO BRASS “SUMMERTIME ACAPULCO 1922”
VILLAGE OUTCASTS “HELLO, I LOVE YOU”
THE CHECKMATES “SUNNY”
THE LOST DIMENSION “PURPLE HAZE”
THE SOUND OF AUTHORITY “PICTURES OF MATCHSTICK MEN”
THE COBRA VI “LONDON BRIDGE”
THE AVENGERS “TRUE TO YOU”
THE RETURN TRIP “COME ON UP”
THE ADRIAN ANAHEIM “KNOCK OF WOOD”
THE ODD POWER “YES” (WITH JERRY HLUDZIK, LATER OF THE BUOYS AND DAKOTA)
I don't know if they're in order.
Good luck
Jose
Hi
DeleteForgive me, what does this list mean if it leads nowhere? Please explain it to me.
I's only track-list
DeleteДмитрич. я искал у себя. нету. честно..
ReplyDeleteСергей привет. Как дела ? Давненько не слышал тебя. Что касается этих альбомов, то они и у меня только вчера появились и то случайно, пока искал материал по другой теме.
DeleteРедкие они потому что старые, издавались на приватной студии мизерным тиражом, а потом естественно не переиздовались. Хотя зря, материал на них незаурядный, на переизданных брендовых коллециях бывает такая .... Не пропадай. Всего хорошего.
Thanks Dmitrich
ReplyDeleteThese are unusual comps, very confidential groups. Thank you very much.
ReplyDelete