I found an interesting continuation of the "Flashback Productions" theme on Soulseek from the same user, DaysOfBrokenArrows61... I actually had the first volume of the "Color Me Up" collection, which I didn't dare publish because of the hideous cover art, or rather, the lack thereof. I couldn't find any description or a decent cover online. Flashback Productions has very strange album art in general. Whether it's based on old wallpaper, wrapping paper, or a blown-with-the-wind ad, I'm not sure... Although it's possible that this is a tribute to the fashion for psychedelic art.
I found two volumes of this collection from DaysOfBrokenArrows61, the first with the same tattered cover art, and the second with more or less decent covers.
So I decided to use this cover as a template and create more digestible art for the first volume in the same style.
But the most valuable thing about my find is, once again, the painstaking work of compiling information for each track. That's why all the tags in the archive are from discogs, but I left the author's text files with full information and annotations for each volume. Read it, it's very interesting. And of course, I believe such work shouldn't be wasted. So, another thank you to .DaysOfBrokenArrows61.
And about the collection itself... Well, again, except for a few new names, everything seems familiar. And again, the selection pleases with its coherence in terms of what was happening in the music scene at the time. I'm also captivated by the absurdity of the covers and, of course, the rarity of this collection. I hope you, too, enjoy the contents of these two not ordinary volumes.
============================
VA - Colour Me Pop (2002
Flashback Productions – FBCD05
CDr, Compilation, Unofficial Release, UK
Beat, Pop Rock, Psychedelic Rock
01 Double Feature - Come On Baby (Birmingham [West Midlands] - Deram DM 115 - 1967)
02 The Gass Company - Everybody Needs Love (Essex - President PT 170 - 1967)
03 Los Bravos - Brand New Baby (Spain - Decca F 22529 - 1966)
04 Promise - Just For You (London - Nems NEMS 56-4129 - 1969)
05 Eyes Of Blue - Don't Ask Me To Mend Your Broken Heart (Neals [Wales] - Deram DM 114 - 1967)
06 The Kool - Room At The Top (UK - CBS 203003 - 1967)
07 Jon Gunn - Now It's My Turn (Lancashire - Deram DM 133 - 1967)
08 Bats - Stop, Don't Do It (Belfast [Northern Ireland] - Decca F 22534 - 1966)
09 The Bunch - You Can't Do This (Bournemouth [Dorset] - CBS 2740 - 1967)
10 Warm Sounds - Birds And Bees (London - Deram DM 120 - 1967)
11 The Doughnut Ring - Dance Around Julie (Southend-on-Sea [Essex] - Deram DM 215 - 1968)
12 Grapefruit - Yes (Dagenham [Essex] - RCA Victor RCA 1677 - 1968)
13 Jigsaw - Let Me Go Home (Rugby [Warwickshire] - Music Factory CUB 6 - 1968)
14 Katch 22 - Making My Mind Up (Midlands - Fontana TF 874 - 1967)
15 Honeybus - Girl Of Independent Means (London - Deram DM 207 - 1968)
16 Denny Laine - Ask The People (London - Deram DM 122 - 1967)
17 The Montanas - Mystery (Wolverhampton [West Midlands] - Pye 7N 17697 - 1968)
18 Simon Dupree And The Big Sound - Thinking About My Life (Portsmouth [Hampshire] - Parlophone R 5727 - 1968)
19 Toby Twirl - Back In Time (Newcastle [Tyne and Wear] - Decca F 12728 - 1968)
20 Young Blood - Green Light (Birmingham [West Midlands] - Pye 7N 17495 - 1968)
21 The Twilights - Needle In A Haystack (Adelaide [South Australia] - Columbia DB-4717 - 1966)
22 The Sweet - Slow Motion (London - Fontana TF 958 - 1968)
23 Locomotive - Rudi's In Love (Birmingham [West Midlands] - Parlophone R 5718 - 1968)
24 Pregnant Insomnia - You Intrigue Me (Orpington [Kent] - Direction 58-3132 - 1967)
25 Andy Ellison - Fool From Upper Eden (London - CBS 3357 - 1968)
26 Frabjoy & Runcible Spoon - I'm Beside Myself (Manchester [Greater Manchester] - Marmalade 598019 - 1969)


Thank you!!
ReplyDeleteThank You
ReplyDelete