Friday, June 06, 2025

Wilson Pickett – Land Of 1000 Dances @ 320

 


Repost

 01. Wilson Pickett - Land Of 1000 Dances 
 02. Wilson Pickett - I'm A Midnight Mover 
 03. Wilson Pickett - Hey Joe 
 04. Wilson Pickett - For Better Or Worse 
 05. Wilson Pickett - Barefootin' 
 06. Wilson Pickett - I'm In Love 
 07. Wilson Pickett - In The Midnight Hour 
 08. Wilson Pickett - Born To Be Wild 
 09. Wilson Pickett - New Orleans 
 10. Wilson Pickett - I Found A Love 
 11. Wilson Pickett - Ninety-Nine And One Half 
 12. Wilson Pickett - Time Is On My Side 


***


9 comments:

  1. I believe he actually recorded at least part of this at Stax, although there's no reference to it that I'm aware of. It's mentioned in the book about Stax and the huge liner notes to the first stax singles box, however, unless my memory is playing tricks on me ;-).
    Thanks Dmitrich. I think it's just what I needed to listen too tonite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After the first second listening I know for SURE it was recorded at Stax.. No doubt about it now. No other studio and rhythm section sounded like that in the 60s!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments. They are interesting and give rise to my own reflections...

      Delete

RULES :
1. ANONYMOUS REQUESTS WITHOUT ANSWER ! If you take the time to write a message, take a few seconds to sign it with your name, please.
2. If you think that the post was made in violation of your copyright, just report it in the comments and we will delete the material.
3. You can report of about dead links, but please don't make more than one - two repost request per week.