Saturday, September 06, 2025

The Del-Vikings - 2018 - Collection 1956-1962 (2 Cd's) @320


Repost

The Del-Vikings.

American doo-wop musical group that recorded several hit singles in the 1950s. Best known for songs like "Come Go With Me" or "Whispering Bells".

The Dell Vikings (also sometimes written as "The Del Vikings") were formed in 1955 by members of the U.S. Air Force stationed in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Known for being one of the first racially integrated doo-wop groups, they blended their vocal harmonies to produce a distinctive and influential sound. Their 1957 breakout hit,

"Come Go with Me," reached No. 4 on the R&B charts and No. 5 on the pop charts, followed by another success, "Whispering Bells."

The group split up shortly afterwards because some members of the group were under aged when they signed to , so only some members could be released from this contract and switch to Mercury.

This led to a split into two separate factions both claiming the Del Vikings name. Despite this division, both groups continued to perform and record.

The Del Vikings were notable for their ability to transcend racial barriers in a segregated era, making them trailblazers in the music industry.

Their work not only influenced the doo-wop genre but also paved the way for future integrated music groups.

 

Tracks;

Cd.1

01 - Come Go With Me.mp3

02 - How Can I Find True Love.mp3

03 - What Made Maggie Run.mp3

04 - When I Come Home.mp3

05 - Little Billy Boy.mp3

06 - Whispering Bells.mp3

07 - Don't Be A Fool.mp3

08 - Cool Shake.mp3

09 - Jitterbug Mary.mp3

10 - Somewhere Over The Rainbow.mp3

11 - Hey Senorita.mp3

12 - Heaven And Paradise.mp3

13 - I'll Remember.mp3

14 - Yours.mp3

15 - I'm Spinning.mp3

16 - You Say You Love Me.mp3

17 - Come Along With Me.mp3

18 - What'cha Gotta Lose.mp3

19 - Sunday Kind Of Love.mp3

20 - My Foolish Heart.mp3

21 - The White Cliffs Of Dover.mp3

22 - Down In Bermuda.mp3

23 - I'm Sitting On Top Of The World.mp3

24 - When I Come Home.mp3

25 - I'm Spinning.mp3

26 - Your Book Of Life.mp3

27 - Snowbound.mp3

28 - Willette.mp3

29 - Woke Up This Morning.mp3

 

Cd.2

01 - Oh Tonight.mp3

02 - The Big Beat.mp3

03 - That's Why.mp3

04 - Oh I Love You.mp3

05 - Oh Baby.mp3

06 - There I Go.mp3

07 - String Along.mp3

08 - The Voodoo Man.mp3

09 - Can't Wait.mp3

10 - Down By The Stream.mp3

11 - Marguerite.mp3

12 - You Cheated.mp3

13 - Pretty Little Things Called Girls.mp3

14 - How Could You.mp3

15 - Flat Tire.mp3

16 - The Sun.mp3

17 - Pistol Packin' Mama.mp3

18 - Understand.mp3

19 - I'll Never Stop Crying.mp3

20 - Bring Back Your Heart.mp3

21 - I Hear Bells.mp3

22 - Don't Get Sick On Me.mp3

23 - Kiss Me.mp3

24 - Face The Music.mp3

25 - The Big Silence.mp3

26 - One More River To Cross.mp3

27 - Confession Of Love.mp3

28 - Killimanjaro.mp3

29 - It's Too Late.mp3

30 - An Angel Up In Heaven.mp3

31 - The Fishing Chant.mp3

With covers.

***
 

9 comments:

RULES :
1. ANONYMOUS REQUESTS WITHOUT ANSWER ! If you take the time to write a message, take a few seconds to sign it with your name, please.
2. If you think that the post was made in violation of your copyright, just report it in the comments and we will delete the material.
3. You can report of about dead links, but please don't make more than one - two repost request per week.