Friday, September 19, 2025

Jimmy Clanton - 2021 - The Jimmy Clanton Collection 1957-1962 (2 Cd's) @320

 


Jimmy Clanton

Jimmy Clanton (born September 2, 1938, Baton Rouge, Louisiana) is an American singer who became known as the "swamp pop R&B teenage idol".

Brother of Ike Clanton.

His band recorded a hit song "Just A Dream" which Clanton had written in 1958. It reached number four on the Billboard chart. His songs "Just a Dream," "A Letter to an Angel," "Ship on a Stormy Sea," and "Venus in Blue Jeans," each sold over one million copies. In 1959, Clanton starred in a rock and roll movie produced by Alan Freed called "Go Johnny Go", and later in "Teenage Millionaire".

Clanton formed his first band called the Rockets in 1956 while attending Baton Rouge High School. One of the few white singers to come out of the New Orleans R&B/rock & roll sound, he rode the crest of the popular teen music wave in the 1950s and 1960s. Clanton became a disc jockey at WHEX in Columbia, Pennsylvania between 1972 and 1976 and performed in an oldies revue in the 1970s. 

Clanton was inducted into The Museum of the Gulf Coast Hall of Fame and The Louisiana Music Hall of Fame. 

Had to remove "Jimmy Clanton & The Heartbeats" from 'groups' because discogs say they have no releases/don't exist. 

More info;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Clanton

In Groups:

Jimmy Clanton And His Rockets, Jimmy Clanton And The Aces

Tracks;

Cd.1

01 - I Trusted You.mp3

02 - That's You, Baby.mp3

03 - Just A Dream.mp3

04 - You Aim To Please.mp3

05 - A Letter To An Angel.mp3

06 - A Part Of Me.mp3

07 - My Love Is Strong.mp3

08 - A Ship On A Stormy Sea.mp3

09 - Little Boy In Love.mp3

10 - My Own True Love.mp3

11 - Go, Jimmy, Go.mp3

12 - I Trusted You.mp3

13 - Another Sleepless Night.mp3

14 - I'm Gonna Try.mp3

15 - Wait.mp3

16 - Come Back.mp3

17 - What Am I Gonna Do_.mp3

18 - If I.mp3

19 - Down The Aisle.mp3

20 - I Just Wanna Make Love.mp3

21 - Don't Look At Me.mp3

22 - Not Like A Brother.mp3

23 - Lucky In Love With You.mp3

24 - Twist On, Little Girl.mp3

25 - Wayward Love.mp3

26 - Green Light.mp3

27 - Happy Times.mp3

28 - Wedding Bells.mp3

29 - What Am I Living For_.mp3

30 - Just A Moment.mp3

31 - Because I Do.mp3 

Cd.2

01 - Venus In Blue Jeans.mp3

02 - Highway Bound.mp3

03 - Take Her Back.mp3

04 - No Greater Love.mp3

05 - Its All Over Now.mp3

06 - Land Of Tomorrow.mp3

07 - It Takes A Long, Long Time.mp3

08 - Losing The One I Love.mp3

09 - Angel Face.mp3

10 - A Kiss To Build A Dream On.mp3

11 - Jimmy's Tune.mp3

12 - That Old Feeling.mp3

13 - Sleepy Time Gal.mp3

14 - I'm Beginning To See The Light.mp3

15 - Over The Rainbow.mp3

16 - You're An Old Smoothie.mp3

17 - I'm Always Chasing Rainbows.mp3

18 - I Feel Those Tears Comin' On.mp3

19 - Somebody Please Help Me.mp3

20 - You'll Never Know.mp3

21 - Nothing Left For Me.mp3

22 - You Better Settle Down.mp3

23 - You Kissed A Fool Goodbye.mp3

24 - Love Me Tonight.mp3

25 - I Wanna Go Home.mp3

26 - Teenage Millionaire.mp3

27 - Possibility.mp3

28 - Darkest Street In Town.mp3

29 - Molly Darling.mp3

30 - Dreams Of A Fool.mp3

31 - Walk With Me.mp3

With covers.

****








4 comments:

RULES :
1. ANONYMOUS REQUESTS WITHOUT ANSWER ! If you take the time to write a message, take a few seconds to sign it with your name, please.
2. If you think that the post was made in violation of your copyright, just report it in the comments and we will delete the material.
3. You can report of about dead links, but please don't make more than one - two repost request per week.