Saturday, November 08, 2025

VA - Bernie Keith's Two Minute Heroes (US/UK Edition) @ 320


Back in the late 50s/early 60s, many R&R/Pop records were notoriously short on playing time, often clocking in at two minutes or less.

Bernie Keith's Two Minute Heroes (US Edition) (2023) @ 320


Indeed, the shortest U.S. #1 record was ‘Stay’, by Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs (in 1960), at one minute thirty-seven seconds.

These compilations, inspired by a suggestion from deejay Bernie ‘Rock’n’Roll Heaven’ Keith, each feature three-and-a-half dozen ‘Sub-Two Minute Wonders’; i.e. forty-two killer tracks which get the business done in two minutes or less.You've got a bit of everything here; hits, misses, some that got away, B-sides, odd EP and/or LP tracks - and nobody realised some of these were 'quickies', until now!

01. Eddie Cochran - C'Mon Everybody  (1:58)
02. Buddy Holly - Rave On  (1:52)
03. Elvis Presley - Follow That Dream  (1:41)
04. Johnny Cash - You Dreamer You  (1:52)
05. Jack Scott - Baby Baby  (1:44)
06. Ray Charles - Hit The Road Jack  (2:00)
07. The Ventures - Ram Bunk Shush  (1:46)
08. Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park  (1:55)
09. Jimmy Jones - Handy Man  (2:01)
10. Del Shannon - So Long Baby  (2:02)
11. Duane Eddy - Some Kinda Earthquake  (1:22)
12. The Crickets (2) - Think It Over  (1:46)
13. Jerry Lee Lewis - Lovin' Up A Storm  (1:54)
14. Chuck Berry - Let It Rock  (1:49)
15. The Johnny Burnette Trio - Tear It Up  (1:57)
16. Ricky Nelson (2) - If You Can't Rock Me  (1:55)
17. The Phantom (3) - Love Me  (1:33)
18. Jody Reynolds - Fire Of Love  (1:56)
19. Johnny And The Hurricanes - Rockin' Goose  (1:51)
20. Nat Kendrick & The Swans - (Do The) Mashed Potatoes (part 1)  (1:50)
21. Joey Dee & The Starliters - Peppermint Twist (part 1)  (2:01)
22. Everly Brothers - How Can I Meet Her  (1:51)
23. Dickey Lee - I Saw Linda Yesterday  (2:02)
24. Gene Pitney - (I Wanna) Love My Life Away  (1:53)
25. The Clovers - Love Potion Number 9  (1:54)
26. The Coasters - I'm A Hog for You  (2:00)
27. Clyde McPhatter - Lover Please  (2:00)
28. Connie Francis - Robot Man  (1:56)
29. Steve Lawrence (2) - Pretty Blue Eyes  (1:53)
30. Bobby Vee - Teardrops Fall Like Rain  (1:40)
31. The Browns (3) - Teen-Ex  (1:55)
32. Connie Stevens - Sixteen Reasons  (1:59)
33. John D. Loudermilk - Language Of Love  (1:46)
34. The Beach Boys - Moon Dawg  (2:03)
35. Fabian (6) - Come On And Get Me  (1:56)
36. The Tokens - Tonight I Fell In Love  (1:47)
37. Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs - Stay  (1:40)
38. Bobby Darin - Plain Jane  (1:57)
39. B. Bumble & The Stingers - Nut Rocker  (2:02)
40. The Shirelles - Tonight's The Night  (1:59)
41. Brenda Lee - Save All Your Lovin' For Me  (1:57)
42. Fats Domino - Walkin' To New Orleans  (1:58)



VA - Bernie Keith's Two Minute Heroes (US Edition) (2023) @ 320

The shortest UK No.1 was ‘What Do You Want, by Adam Faith (in 1959), at one minute thirty-eight seconds.


01. Billy Fury - That's Love (1:48)
02. Marty Wilde - It's Been Nice (1:56)
03. Jimmy Crawford (5) - I Shoulda Listened To Mama (1:54)
04. Mike Berry - My Baby Doll (1:58)
05. The Shadows - Kon-Tiki (1:56)
06. Joe Brown And The Bruvvers - It Only Took A Minute (2:00)
07. Adam Faith - Made You (1:45)
08. Doug Sheldon - I Saw Linda Yesterday (1:45)
09. The Sunsets (5) - Cry Of The Wild Goose (1:57)
10. Julie Grant - Lonely Sixteen (1:51)
11. The John Barry Seven - Beat Girl Main Title Theme (2:01)
12. Cliff Richard & The Shadows - Gee Whiz It's You (1:48)
13. The Krew Kats - Trambone (2:02)
14. Craig Douglas (2) - What Do You Want (1:43)
15. Emile Ford & The Checkmates - Gypsy Love (1:30)
16. Jimmy Justice - Write Me A Letter (1:54)
17. Johnny Gavotte - Can't Forget (1:56)
18. The Outlaws (3) - Rodeo (1:41)
19. The Viscounts (2) - That's Alright (1:50)
20. Helen Shapiro - Let's Talk About Love (1:57)
21. The Brook Brothers - He's Old Enough To Know Better (1:49)
22. Penny (25) - Who Does He Think He Is? (1:56)
23. The Eagles - Exodus (1:59)
24. Shane Fenton & The Fentones - Cindy's Birthday (1:51)
25. Lee Diamond (6) - Stop Your Crying (1:52)
26. Vince Eager - (I Wanna) Love My Life Away (1:56)
27. The Springfields - The Johnson Boys (1:53)
28. Lance Fortune - Be Mine (1:53)
29. The Vernons Girls - Be Nice To Him Mama (1:56)
30. The Fentones - Lover's Guitar (1:58)
31. John Leyton - Six White Horses (1:53)
32. Ottilie Patterson - Me And My Chauffeur Blues (1:33)
33. Nero And The Gladiators - In The Hall Of The Mountain King (2:01)
34. Dickie Pride - Frantic (1:57)
35. Cliff Bennett & The Rebel Rousers - You've Got What I Like (1:38)
36. Michael Cox (2) - Honey Cause I Love You (1:57)
37. The Flee-Rekkers - Sunburst (1:54)
38. Tommy Steele - Come On, Let's Go (2:00)
39. Janice Peters - This Little Girl's Gone Rocking (1:49)
40. Ricky Wayne (2) - Hot Chicka'roo (1:53)
41. Lord Rockingham's XI - The Squelch (1:51)
42. Johnny Kidd & The Pirates - A Shot Of Rhythm & Blues (1:57)







 

11 comments:

  1. Many thanks, much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dmitrich, thanks for this JASMINE Records sampler.I think many Jasmine Rec CDs are very good. I would be happy for a Re Up for: CD The Dearly Beloved - Rough Diamonds The History Of Garage Band Music (1965-1967 ; https://allmusic-wingsofdream.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-dearly-beloved-rough-diamonds_68.html Thanks a lot Greetings to Moscow Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi
      I updated the link. But let's agree... No need to repeat the CBox chat story. It won't work here, because I have complete control over the messages. No need to leave requests every day; I remember everything. But you should also understand that working on a blog and your own projects takes a lot of time, so sometimes you need to be patient.
      A blog is not fast food.
      Especially since you're not the only one sending requests. And also... My friend, I can't understand why, as you've already been advised, you can't install Soulseek? This program alone is enough to satisfy 90% of your needs. I just checked today - The Dearly Beloved - Rough Diamonds - 4 download options. Download without any requests... Think about it. And please, stick to the rules.All the Best

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for your generosity with these two releases. Looking forward to hearing these two minute wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dmitrich, thanks for your notice and advise.I am nearly 70 years old and I fear to make something that makes my PC didn`t working.Soulseek for using one need to download and install the programm. Google shows different vendors for soullseek programms.That is complicated.That is something I only make with someone who knows more about the PC techique like I. Mostly I only search one album and then after hearing and make an CD if the music is good for me.I search a further one.So I can good live with the rule only one album in a week for asking a new link.So thanks for helping with the Dearly Beloved.Greetings Tom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Dmitrich for Bernie Keith's Two Minute Heroes !

    ReplyDelete

RULES :
1. ANONYMOUS REQUESTS WITHOUT ANSWER ! If you take the time to write a message, take a few seconds to sign it with your name, please.
2. If you think that the post was made in violation of your copyright, just report it in the comments and we will delete the material.
3. You can report of about dead links, but please don't make more than one - two repost request per week.