Friday, August 28, 2026

Plattform 6 & The Kynd - Colours & Shy Girl


Repost


Platform 6 

Keith Taylor – vocals
Gary Smith – vocals
Jack Mouton – guitar
Mike Nosworthy – Farfisa organ
Hennie Botha – bass
Jan Labuschagne – drums

South African band from Vereeniging, formed in 1966 by Hennie Botha (bass) and Mike Nosworthy (keyboards). In March of that year they were joined by Keith Taylor (vocals), Pierre Odendaal (lead guitar) and Jan Labuschagne (drums). Being unable to find regular gigs in the Vereeniging / Vanderbijl Park area, they started performing in and around Johannesburg on a regular basis. When this album was recorded, the band members were: Keith Taylor (vocals); Gary Smith (vocals); Jack Mouton (guitar); Mike Nosworthy (farfisa); Hennie Botha (bass); Jan Labuschagne (drums). The band was together until early 1970 when Keith decided to return to the U.K. and Pierre decided to go solo. Jan got married and quit the band, leaving only Hennie and Mike (again). Subsequently the band was augmented with George Cellier (lead vocals), Hans von Burg (trumpet) and Innes van Niekerk (drums). The band then seemed to “gel” together well, and started recording and appearing on TV regularly. They also travelled locally and abroad for functions. In 1980 Piet Strydom (sax) joined the band and was soon followed by Ramona Marais, who joined the band as an additional vocalist. All the members of the group sang harmonies and a few of them played more than one instrument. They cut a number of 7” singles, of which “Woogie Boogie” was the most successful. It reached #3 on the South African Top 20 in 1976, charting for 12 weeks. The band eventually split in 1983.

The Kynd 

Aidan Mason – lead guitar, keyboards
Malcolm Wyman – rhythym guitar
Neil Williams – bass guitar
Kevin Krüger – drums

South African band formed in East London in 1964.

They released their first single, “Shy Girl” (written by Kevin Kruger), in 1966. It reached #17 on the South African Top 20, charting for 2 weeks, and later that year they released an album with the same title. They broke up in 1966.

Aidan "Dooley" Mason, who was only 14 years of age in 1966, went on to play in other South African bands, including Tidal Wave and Music Corporation, before moving to Canada where he backed famous artists such as Anne Murray and Gordon Lightfoot. He briefly returned to South Africa in 1978 to fill in for Trevor Rabin in Rabbitt.

Kevin Kruger, who wrote two songs on the album “Shy Girl”, went on to play in well-known South African bands, including Backtrax, Dickory, Foxy, Fuzz, Gentle People, Julian Laxton Band, Kariba and Music Corporation. Together with Dan Hill he also produced the very popular group, Hot RS.




 

13 comments:

  1. Hi, could you re-upload this album, please? If possible, please don't use Pixeldrain; I can't download anything from that site. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi
      My situation is the opposite. Pixeldrain is the only hosting service I can use fully without any restrictions. Other popular hosting services only work with a VPN, which can reduce speeds by a factor of 2 or more. This is extremely inconvenient. So, for now, due to the lack of a working alternative, I'm using Pixeldrain. Sorry, and good luck.

      Delete
    2. I'd like to add something else... Even if a solution is found that's acceptable to both you and me, there will also be someone who won't be satisfied with it. I've been there more than once. Some people like oranges, others prefer collecting stickers on them...
      It's hard to please everyone. So, as an alternative, you could reach out to those users who downloaded this or any other release. Perhaps someone kind enough to help you out will be there. I hope... No offense, I'm in a very unfavorable situation right now. All the best.

      Delete
    3. No problem at all. You're already doing a lot by uploading the material wherever you can. I am very grateful for your kindness. Thanks again.

      Delete
  2. Ok.That's a bad situation. But thanks a lot anyway

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ ras
    Try this hosting service, maybe it'll be acceptable for you. Many people complain about its slowness, but I haven't noticed much of a difference compared to other services. Although, perhaps it's because it's Estonian... 8)) Give it a try.--------------> https://www.upload.ee/files/19700325/two_one_one.rar.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

      Delete

  4. Finally downloaded!!!. Thanks a lot for your efforts. If you need any *Rock in Beat* material, let me know. I have about 160 recordings—mostly originals, with others remastered using AI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ ras

      Hi

      I'm glad it all worked out for you. And thank you very much for your generous offer. It's truly interesting.
      I also have a large "Rock-In-Beat" collection, considering the catalog numbering. But since most of it is downloaded from the internet, I have doubts about the originality of some releases, as many can already be compiled from other sources. I have some examples of this in my collection, and I don't see anything wrong with it, as long as it's done carefully.
      However, as for the desire to collect a complete collection of original RB releases, I really think it's impossible because it's a huge collection, and besides the RB series, there are other themed series from the label. The history of their releases is largely a mystery...
      But your interesting offer still stands. Let's continue our dialogue, but not in the comments section. Email me -oldmelodiesteam@gmail.com
      I can reply with a list of RB releases by series and a list of what I have. Have a nice day.Dmitrich.

      Delete

RULES :
1. ANONYMOUS REQUESTS WITHOUT ANSWER ! If you take the time to write a message, take a few seconds to sign it with your name, please.
2. If you think that the post was made in violation of your copyright, just report it in the comments and we will delete the material.
3. You can report of about dead links, but please don't make more than one - two repost request per week.