Bass – Skitch
Drums, Percussion – Danny Lee
Lead Guitar, Organ – Walter Condi
Lead Vocals – Russ Eden
Rhythm Guitar – Al Dawn
Lake George NY ’66. Songs are ‘credited’ to the vocalists but all except one(?) are covers. The obscure tracks are re-makes of Lance Fox & The Bloodhounds' "You Got Love" and The Infernos’ "I’m Comin’ Home". "Calija" and "Oh Pappa Do" are ‘Kaw-Liga” and "Ooh Poo Pa Doo", but A3, listed as ‘Not Fade Away’, is not the Buddy Holly song at all, but an original[??] garage blues-soul shouter that might have been titled ‘Can’t Take This Pain Inside’ or ‘Can’t Take It No More’.
<<===============================>>
01. Thee Muffins - I Feel Good
02. Thee Muffins - Calija
03. Thee Muffins - Not Fade Away
04. Thee Muffins - Crying Over You
05. Thee Muffins - Oh Poppa Do
06. Thee Muffins - Surpise Surpise
07. Thee Muffins - You Got Love
08. Thee Muffins - Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying
09. Thee Muffins - Do You Love Me
10. Thee Muffins - I'm Comin' Home
Thanks to TA


thanks for the recognition... great album!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHi
DeleteThank you again. I wouldn't say the album is outstanding, but the cover versions are interesting... And the rarity of the release, of course. Tony, I sent you a letter a few months ago asking if I could post some of your albums, with you as the author. Perhaps you can answer here..?
Yes of course you can
DeleteHi
DeleteThanks Tony. And I hope you get around to starting your own blog again ... It'll be a lot of interesting . Have a nice day. Good luck.
Thank you.
ReplyDeleteThank you Dmitrich and TA.
ReplyDeleteWow. Shame about the poorly thought out cover.. you know.. "fastest rising" and comments like "Someone popped their bubble"' when they stalled.. I know all about it. I had a band called "The Catch" .. When it folded we got all sorts of comments like "never caught on, eh?" (even though it was health reasons of one of the primary members that we folded, not musical).
ReplyDeleteI''ll listen to this one with an open mind , anyways! THanks!
Thank You
ReplyDeleteI didn't know this group. Not revolutionary but very nice to listen.
ReplyDeleteThank you once again.