Friday, October 24, 2025

VA - Bad Bad Woman, Gems From Philips Records USA


Repost on Request

Despite being a relative newcomer to the scene, having been founded in the 50s by a Dutch TV and Electric Razor manufacturer, Philips records still managed to release an enviable output of records. Artists such as Johnny Hallyday and The Springfields shine while The Corona Kids and Ben & Bea show their music output was just as varied as the other avenues Philips chose to do.


CD 1

1. Bad Bad Woman - Bob Corso (2:11)

2. Hey Paula - Paul & Paula (2:33)

3. I Got A Woman - Johnny Hallyday (3:12)

4. Silver Threads And Golden N - The Springfields (2:13)

5. Come Running - Marty Wilde (2:31)

6. Shake A Hand - Ruth Brown (3:15)

7. Django - The Cliffters (2:26)

8. You Walked Away - The Chesterfields (2:32)

9. Let The Good Times Roll - Ben & Bea (2:07)

10. Yeah He's Got It - The Creators (2:19)

11. Smoke Along The Track - The Barrier Brothers (2:44)

12. The Big Ship Sails On The - The Corona Kids (2:03)

13. The Boys In My Life - Clydie King & The Sweet Things (2:37)

14. Who Do You Love - Mel Carter & Clydie King (2:08)

15. Never Believed In Love - The Team Mates (2:26)

16. Skippin' - Jimmy Dell (2:25)

17. This Friend Of Mine - Trudy Bell (2:15)

18. The Angels Got Together - Marlin Greene (2:35)

19. At The Start Of A New Roma - The Dials (2:39)

20. Peggy Sue - Don Schroeder (2:29)

21. You Stayed Away Too Long - Lonzine Cannon (2:15)

22. Dear One - Darrell Mccall (2:12)

23. Dear Hearts And Gentle Peo - The Springfields (3:04)

24. Hey Little Girl - Johnny Hallyday (1:42)

25. Chloe - Tony Williams (2:10)

CD 2

1. Be - Bop A-Lula - Johnny Hallyday (2:38)

2. Hercules - Frankie Vaughan (1:58)

3. My Pockets Are Full - Bob Corso (2:25)

4. Amapola - The Cliffters (2:18)

5. These Foolish Things - The Dials (2:21)

6. Say It Again - Ruth Brown (2:53)

7. Everyone - Marty Wilde (2:29)

8. Quicksand - Don Schroeder (2:33)

9. Aunt Rhody - The Springfields (2:07)

10. Gee Baby - Ben & Bea (2:38)

11. Sweet Potatoes - Jimmy Dell (2:24)

12. I Can Take His Baby Away - Darrell Mccall (2:09)

13. Deep Inside Me - Linda Brannon (2:05)

14. Big Hand, Little Hand - Ronnie Savoy (2:45)

15. Master Puppeteer - Jan Fields (2:05)

16. Bobby Is The One - Paul & Paula (1:58)

17. The Ballad Of Lovers' Hill - Teresa Brewer (2:34)

18. My Own True Love - The Deltas (2:43)

19. Boy Child - Sonny Martin (2:15)

20. Don't Take Your Love From - Shani Wallis (3:16)

21. Shake The Hand Of A Fool - Johnny Hallyday (2:46)

22. Gotta Travel On - The Springfields (2:06)

23. High Noon - Bobby Mizzell (2:26)

24. A Dream Is But A Dream - The Chesterfields (3:49)

25. Destroyed - The Barrier Brothers (2:31)

*** 

12 comments:

  1. Hi, ..... File not found....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Francisco
      Apparently, you haven't read the rules for making comments and sending requests... That's why you did as many as three in just one hour! Therefore, with all due respect, we will assume that you have exhausted your limit. In the future, please follow the rules.I really don't want the situation with the Cbox chat to repeat itself here, when one person makes ten requests a day.I hope for your understanding

      Delete
    2. Hi Dmitrich, first of all, my apologies. I was leaving a message about broken links while I was looking at the blog, with no intention other than to let you know. Knowing how it works, this won't happen again.
      Thanks for your information, and I'd like to take this opportunity to leave you the request for May and August (I was personally interested in those)
      https://allmusic-wingsofdream.blogspot.com/2023/09/va-2002-rhythm-blues-goes-rock-n-roll_9.html
      Thank you very much for your attention, and have a great weekend from Spain.

      Delete

    3. Hi @Francisco
      I understood. And I have to admit that I was wrong... There is a difference between "dead link" and "please reup". And in this case, it should be perceived as an aid in restoring order. If I come across links that don't work, I'll take note of it. Therefore, my apologies.
      Over the years, the blog has accumulated a lot of material with dead links, and I try to restore them "on request." But in this case, unfortunately, I missed this material myself, so let's hope that DoYouRemember will help us.

      Delete
    4. Many, many thanks.... very grateful. Greetings.

      Delete
  2. And the link for this one is dead too, buy it at amazon, the site reports, a problem that very often happens with the mediafire links, the experience shows, but however, thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know, this happens with Mediafire.
      But everything works fine for me, whether I'm logging in from my own computer or someone else's. Maybe you need a little patience and a few tries.

      Delete
  3. Alternative link - https://pixeldrain.com/u/2KLuJ1iU

    ReplyDelete

RULES :
1. ANONYMOUS REQUESTS WITHOUT ANSWER ! If you take the time to write a message, take a few seconds to sign it with your name, please.
2. If you think that the post was made in violation of your copyright, just report it in the comments and we will delete the material.
3. You can report of about dead links, but please don't make more than one - two repost request per week.