Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Eddie Cochran - 2009 - The Ultimate Collection (8 Cd's Bear Family Records)

 


Eddie Cochran 

Ray Edward Cochran (/ˈkɒkrən/ KOK-rən; October 3, 1938 – April 17, 1960) was an American rock and roll musician. Cochran's songs, such as "Twenty Flight Rock", "Summertime Blues", "C'mon Everybody" and "Somethin' Else", captured teenage frustration and desire in the mid-1950s and early 1960s. He experimented with multitrack recording, distortion techniques, and overdubbing even on his earliest singles. Cochran played the guitar, piano, bass, and drums. His image as a sharply dressed and attractive young man with a rebellious attitude epitomized the stance of the 1950s rocker, and in death he achieved iconic status.

Cochran was involved with music from an early age, playing in the school band and teaching himself to play blues guitar. In 1954, Cochran formed a duo with the guitarist Hank Cochran (no relation). When they split the following year, Eddie began a songwriting career with Jerry Capehart. His first success came when he performed the song "Twenty Flight Rock" in the film The Girl Can't Help It, starring Jayne Mansfield. Soon afterward, he signed a recording contract with Liberty Records and his first record for the label, "Sittin' in the Balcony", rose to number 18 on the Billboard charts.

Cochran died at the age of 21 in St Martin's Hospital, Bath, Somerset, after a road accident in Chippenham, Wiltshire, at the end of his British tour with Gene Vincent on 16 April 1960. After they had just performed at the Bristol Hippodrome, on their way to their next venue, Vincent, Cochran and the songwriter Sharon Sheeley were involved in a high-speed traffic accident in a private-hire taxi. The other two passengers survived with major injuries, but Cochran, who had been thrown from the vehicle, suffered serious brain injuries and died the next day.

Though Cochran's best-known songs were released during his lifetime, more of his songs were released posthumously. In 1987, Cochran was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. His songs have been recorded by a wide variety of recording artists. Paul McCartney himself chose Cochran's "Twenty Flight Rock" as his audition piece, assured to impress John Lennon by his performance of it, which he did and was hired as a member of Lennon's skiffle group The Quarrymen, which later was renamed The Beatles.

Tracks;

CD 1

01-Gambler's Guitar.mp3

02-Candy Kisses.mp3

03-Hearts Of Stone.mp3

04-Steelin' The Blues.mp3

05-She Done Give Her Heart To Me.mp3

06-Live Fast, Love Hard, Die Young.mp3

07-Rockin' And Flyin' (Version 1).mp3

08-Mr. Fiddle.mp3

09-Two Blue Singin' Stars.mp3

10-Guilty Conscience.mp3

11-Your Tomorrows Never Come.mp3

12-Latch On (Version 1).mp3

13-My Love To Remember (Version 1).mp3

14-Heart Of A Fool.mp3

15-Latch On (Version 2).mp3

16-Yesterday's Heartbreak.mp3

17-Pink-Peg Slacks (Version 1).mp3

18-Tired And Sleepy.mp3

19-Fool's Paradise.mp3

20-Slow Down.mp3

21-Open The Door.mp3

22-I'm Ready.mp3

23-Dark Lonely Street (Version 1, Take 6).mp3

24-Blue Suede Shoes.mp3

25-Long Tall Sally.mp3

26-That's My Desire.mp3

27-I Almost Lost My Mind.mp3

28-Twenty-Flight Rock (Version 1).mp3

29-Completely Sweet (Version 1).mp3

30-My Love To Remember (Version 2, Take 3).mp3

31-Dark Lonely Street (Version 2).mp3

32-Pink-Peg Slacks (Version 2).mp3

33-Half Loved (Version 1).mp3

34-My Love To Remember (Version 3, Take 9).mp3

35-Latch On (Version 3).mp3

CD 2

01-Skinny Jim.mp3

02-Half Loved (Version 2, Take 5).mp3

03-Jungle Jingle (Instrumental).mp3

04-Guitar Blues (Instrumental).mp3

05-Mighty Mean (Demo).mp3

06-Cotton Picker.mp3

07-Sittin' In The Balcony.mp3

08-Mean When I'm Mad.mp3

09-One Kiss.mp3

10-Am I Blue.mp3

11-Cradle Baby.mp3

12-Drive-In Show.mp3

13-Proud Of You.mp3

14-Undying Love.mp3

15-Have I Told You Lately That I Love You.mp3

16-I'm Alone Because I Love You.mp3

17-Completely Sweet (Version 2).mp3

18-Twenty-Flight Rock (Version 2).mp3

19-Stockin's 'N' Shoes.mp3

20-Lovin' Time.mp3

21-Tell Me Why.mp3

22-Never.mp3

23-Sweetie Pie.mp3

24-Pocketful Of Hearts.mp3

25-Pretty Girl.mp3

26-Jeannie, Jeannie, Jeannie.mp3

27-Little Lou.mp3

28-Teresa.mp3

29-Teenage Cutie.mp3

30-Summertime Blues.mp3

31-Ah, Pretty Girl (Single Version With Overdubbed Guitar Solo).mp3

32-Lonely.mp3

33-Love Again.mp3

34-Meet Mr. Tweedy (Instrumental).mp3

35-Nervous Breakdown (Version 1).mp3 

CD 3

01-One Minute To One.mp3

02-Cruisin' The Drive-In.mp3

03-Nervous Breakdown (Version 2).mp3

04-Let's Get Together.mp3

05-Don't Ever Let Me Go.mp3

06-C'mon Everybody (Single Version Speeded Up).mp3

07-I've Waited So Long.mp3

08-Teenage Heaven (Movie Version).mp3

09-I Remember.mp3

10-My Way.mp3

11-Rock'n'Roll Blues.mp3

12-Teenage Heaven (Version 2).mp3

13-Three Stars.mp3

14-Weekend.mp3

15-Think Of Me (UK Single 'Erase' Version).mp3

16-Three Steps To Heaven (Version 1, Take 9).mp3

17-Somethin' Else.mp3

18-Boll Weevil Song (Take 1, Speeded Up).mp3

19-Guybo (Instrumental, LP-Version).mp3

20-Eddie's Blues (Instrumental).mp3

21-Milk Cow Blues (Take 3).mp3

22-Chicken Shot Blues (Instrumental).mp3

23-Strollin' Guitar (Instrumental).mp3

24-My Love To Remember (Version 5, Take 10).mp3

25-Little Angel (Take 10 With Chorus Overdub).mp3

26-Hallelujah! I Love Her So (Take 11 With Strings).mp3

27-Hammy Blues (Instrumental).mp3

28-Jam Sand-Witch (Instrumental).mp3

29-Jelly Bean (Take 10).mp3

30-Don't Bye, Bye Baby Me (With Train And Handclap Overdub).mp3

31-Song Of New Orleans (Instrumental).mp3

32-Three Steps To Heaven (Version 2, Take 5).mp3

33-Cut Across Shorty (Speeded Up).mp3

34-Cherished Memories.mp3

CD 4

01-Summertime Blues (UK Single Release Without Echo).mp3

02-C'mon Everybody (Correct Speed, Without Guitar Overdub).mp3

03-Somethin' Else (Take 14, No Fade Version).mp3

04-Think Of Me ('Stop' Version).mp3

05-Ah, Pretty Girl (LP Version, Alternate Chorus And Vocal).mp3

06-Pretty Girl (UK Single Version, Clipped Intro, Compressed).mp3

07-Nervous Breakdown (No Overdubs).mp3

08-Don't Bye, Bye Baby Me (Take 4, With Handclaps).mp3

09-Cut Across Shorty (Correct Speed).mp3

10-Hallelujah! I Love Her So (Without Strings).mp3

11-Little Angel (Take 10, Without Overdubs).mp3

12-Boll Weevil Song (Correct Speed).mp3

13-Skinny Jim (Piano Overdub).mp3

14-Half Loved (Piano Overdub).mp3

15-Pink-Peg Slacks (Overdubbed Version).mp3

16-Think Of Me (LP 'Stop' Version, Overdubbed With Celeste).mp3

17-Blue Suede Shoes (Overdubbed Version).mp3

18-Long Tall Sally (Overdubbed Version).mp3

19-That's My Desire (Overdubbed Version).mp3

20-I Almost Lost My Mind (Overdubbed Version).mp3

21-Love Again (Overdubbed Version).mp3

22-Lonely (Overdubbed Version).mp3

23-Little Angel (Take 10, With Overdubs).mp3

24-Think Of Me (Alternate Version With Female Chorus).mp3

CD 5

01-Cherished Memories (Take 6, Stereo).mp3

02-Three Steps To Heaven (Version 2, Take 5, Stereo).mp3

03-Cut Across Shorty (Take 11, Stereo).mp3

04-Cherished Memories (Take 14, Stereo).mp3

05-Pretty Girl (2-Track Version).mp3

06-I've Waited So Long (Stereo).mp3

07-Jeannie, Jeannie, Jeannie (Without Guitar Overdub, Stereo).mp3

08-Ah, Pretty Girl (With Overdubbed Guitar Solo, Stereo).mp3

09-Little Angel (Take 10 With Chorus Overdub, Stereo).mp3

10-Hallelujah! I Love Her So (Stereo).mp3

11-Little Angel (Take 10 With Strings Overdub, Stereo).mp3

12-Weekend (Take 13A, Stereo).mp3

13-Pretty Girl (3-Track Version, Alternate Vocal Overdub).mp3

14-Eddie's LA 'Big Sound' Radio Promo.mp3

15-Interview With Eddie Cochran Pt. 1.mp3

16-Interview With Eddie Cochran Pt. 2.mp3

17-Interview With Buddy Holly, Jerry Allison, Eddie Cochran & Connie 'Guybo' Smith.mp3

18-Freeman Introduces Eddie's KCSR Radio Promo.mp3

19-Compere Jack Davey Interviews Eddie Cochran Pt. 1.mp3

20-Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On.mp3

21-Compere Jack Davey Interviews Eddie Cochran Pt. 2.mp3

22-Introduction By Herb Sheldon.mp3

23-Sittin' In The Balcony (Live).mp3

24-Twenty-Flight Rock (Live).mp3

CD 6

01-Introduction By Jay Stewart.mp3

02-Instrumental (By The Band).mp3

03-Dick D' Agostin Welcomes Eddie To The Show.mp3

04-C'mon Everybody (Live At Town Hall Party).mp3

05-Have I Told You Lately That I Love You (Live At Town Hall Party).mp3

06-Don't Blame It On Me (Live At Town Hall Party).mp3

07-Summertime Blues (Live At Town Hall Party).mp3

08-Johnny Bond Interviews Eddie & Band Members.mp3

09-Introduction By Jay Stewart 2.mp3

10-Night Walk (Instrumental By The Band).mp3

11-Dick D' Agostin Welcomes Eddie Back To The Show.mp3

12-School Day (Live At Town Hall Party).mp3

13-Be Honest With Me (Live At Town Hall Party).mp3

14-Money Honey (Live At Town Hall Party).mp3

15-C'mon Everybody (Live At Town Hall Party).mp3

16-Introduction By Marty Wilde.mp3

17-Hallelujah! I Love Her So (Live At Boy Meets Gilrs, 01-16-1960).mp3

18-C'mon Everybody (Live At Boy Meets Girls).mp3

19-Somethin' Else (Live At Boy Meets Girls).mp3

20-Interview With Eddie Cochran.mp3

21-Twenty-Flight Rock (Live At Boy Meets Girls).mp3

22-Introduction By Marty Wilde.mp3

23-Money Honey (Live At Boy Meets Girls).mp3

24-Have I Told You Lately That I Love You (Live At Boy Meets Girls).mp3

25-Hallelujah! I Love Her So  (Live At Boy Meets Girls, 01-23-1960).mp3

26-Closing Announcement.mp3

27-Summertime Blues (Live At Boy Meets Girls).mp3

28-Milk Cow Blues (Live At Boy Meets Girls).mp3

29-Introduction & Interview With Eddie Cochran.mp3

30-I Don't Like You No More (Live At Boy Meets Girls).mp3

31-Sweet Little Sixteen (Live At Boy Meets Girls).mp3

32-Introduction By Marty Wilde.mp3

33-White Lightnin' (With Gene Vincent).mp3

34-Theme & Introduction.mp3

35-Interview With Two Of Eddie's Fans.mp3

36-Somethin' Else (Live At Saturday Club Radio Show).mp3

37-Hallelujah! I Love Her So (Live At Saturday Club Radio Show).mp3

38-Twenty-Flight Rock (Live At Saturday Club Radio Show).mp3

39-C'mon Everybody (Live At Saturday Club Radio Show).mp3

40-My Heart (Vocal By Gene Vincent, Live At Saturday Club Radio Show).mp3

41-What 'D I Say (Live At Saturday Club Radio Show).mp3

42-Interview.mp3

43-Milk Cow Blues (Live At Saturday Club Radio Show).mp3

CD 7

01-You Oughta See Grandma Rock.mp3

02-Heartbreakin' Mama.mp3

03-The Keeper Of The Key.mp3

04-Slowly But Surely.mp3

05-They Call You A Small Fry.mp3

06-Let's Coast Awhile.mp3

07-Drowning All My Sorrows.mp3

08-I.O.U.mp3

09-Tood-A-Loo.mp3

10-Over A Coke.mp3

11-My Lovin' Baby.mp3

12-I Want Elvis For Christmas.mp3

13-Sick And Tired.mp3

14-New Shoes.mp3

15-Willa Mae.mp3

16-Git It.mp3

17-Baby Please Don't Go.mp3

18-Watch Your Mouth.mp3

19-Guitar Picker.mp3

20-Don't Wake Up The Kids.mp3

21-Pretty Little Devil.mp3

22-Thinkin' About You.mp3

23-If I Were Dying.mp3

24-Bread Fred.mp3

25-Me And The Bear.mp3

26-Just Relax.mp3

27-Itty Bitty Betty.mp3

28-My Babe.mp3

CD 8

01-Teenage Cutie (Take 1, False Start).mp3

02-Teenage Cutie (Take 2).mp3

03-Teenage Cutie (Take 3, Long False Start).mp3

04-Teenage Cutie (Take 4).mp3

05-Dark Lonely Street (Take 1).mp3

06-Dark Lonely Street (Take 2).mp3

07-Dark Lonely Street (Take 3).mp3

08-Dark Lonely Street (Take 4, False Start)).mp3

09-Dark Lonely Street (Take 5).mp3

10-My Love To Remember (Version 2, Take 2).mp3

11-My Love To Remember (Version 3, Take 5).mp3

12-My Love To Remember (Version 3, Take 6, False Start).mp3

13-My Love To Remember (Version 3, Take 7).mp3

14-My Love To Remember (Version 4, Unknown Session From Acetate).mp3

15-Half Loved (Version 2, Take 2).mp3

16-Half Loved (Version 2, Take 3, False Start).mp3

17-Half Loved (Version 2, Take 4).mp3

18-Milk Cow Blues (Rehearsal).mp3

19-Milk Cow Blues (Take 1).mp3

20-Milk Cow Blues (Take 2, False Start).mp3

21-Little Angel (Take 1).mp3

22-Little Angel (Take 3).mp3

23-Little Angel (Take 5, False Start).mp3

24-Little Angel (Take 6, False Start).mp3

25-Little Angel (Take 9).mp3

26-My Love To Remember (Version 5, Take 1).mp3

27-My Love To Remember (Version 5, Take 2).mp3

28-My Love To Remember (Version 5, Take 3).mp3

29-Jelly Bean (Take 1).mp3

30-Jelly Bean (Take 2, False Start).mp3

31-Jelly Bean (Take 3).mp3

32-Jelly Bean (Take 4, False Start).mp3

33-Jelly Bean (Take 5).mp3

34-Jelly Bean (Take 8, Long False Start).mp3

35-Jelly Bean (Take 9, False Start).mp3

36-Don't Bye, Bye Baby Me (Take 1).mp3

37-Don't Bye, Bye Baby Me (Take 2, False Start).mp3

38-Don't Bye, Bye Baby Me (Take 3).mp3

39-Don't Bye, Bye Baby Me (Take 4).mp3

With front cover.









5 comments:

  1. Thank You (Big Time)4 Hot Rod Eddie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so very much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this real insight into eddie's recordings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I couldn't do this earlier, but I had a problem getting it uploaded. I have here the compleye artwork for this set.. Discs folders and complete booklet (I'm not sure "booklet" is appropriate for something of this size ;-) If the host wants to place a link on the page that;d be fine or just use this one.. Doc
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/26enn3uf9w552lr/Somethin+Else+scans.zip/file

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this excellent set which I believe was release on the German Bear Family label. Like Buddy Holly, he died far too young but his legacy lives on. Long may this blog rock on.

    ReplyDelete

RULES :
1. ANONYMOUS REQUESTS WITHOUT ANSWER ! If you take the time to write a message, take a few seconds to sign it with your name, please.
2. If you think that the post was made in violation of your copyright, just report it in the comments and we will delete the material.
3. You can report of about dead links, but please don't make more than one - two repost request per week.