Monday, June 29, 2026

VA - Wisconsin Rocks! Vol's 1 - 9 (2010) @ 320


Repost

Every cloud has a silver lining... It happens that after a hard drive crash, you notice that some things are missing, start looking for it on the farthest shelves of your huge archive, you discover gems like these.
Exactly 15 years have passed since stephanie rocks started publishing this wonderful collection, into which a lot of work, time and most importantly soul and love for music was invested.
The blog has not been working for a long time. Who knows this work would have continued in that distant 2010, but that is what it is.. In any case, such archives of wonderful, rare music of the past should not go into oblivion. Listen and enjoy.
=====================================
VA - Wisconsin Rocks!

Featuring music from the Badger State and the surrounding area.To showcase the "lesser known music",Independent music,and bands with ties to Wisconsin. Music from the past and recent past.

Posted by stephanie rocks at March - July 2010

===================================================

Vol. 1 (1958-1965) 

 01. The Rollettes Orchestra - Cinch 
 02. Roland Stone - Lost Love 
 03. The Noblemen - Thunder Wagon 
 04. The Noblemen - Dirty Robber 
 05. The Fendermen - Mule Skinner Blues 
 06. The Night Beats - Exotic 
 07. Bob Mattice & The Phaetons - What's All This 
 08. The Fendermen - Don't You Just Know It 
 09. Ronnie Premiere & The Royal Lancers - So Loved I Am 
 10. The Bonnevilles - Freeway U.S.A. 
 11. Chico Holiday - God, Country And My Baby 
 12. Tony Greco & the Free Fall - Dreamin' 
 13. The Comic Books with Ronnie Premiere - Manuel 
 14. The Legends - Say Mama 
 15. Paul Stefen & The Royal Lancers - I Fought The Law 
 16. The Legends - Lariat 
 17. The Citations - Moon Race 
 18. The Legends - Bopalena 
 19. The Renegades - Istanbul 
 20. Manuel & The Renegades - Rev-Up 
 21. The Chevrons - For Your Love 
 22. Little Artie & The Pharoahs - The Fox & The Hound 
 23. El Ray & The Night Beats - Come On Let's Go 
 24. Brad Meyers & The Citations - I Don't Love Her Anymore 
 25. Sam McCue - What To Do 
 26. The Apollos & Paul Steffen - You 
 27. The Chevrons - Please Don't Make Me Cry 
 28. Junior & the Classics - The Dog 
 29. The Tigers - I See The Light 
 30. Danny Peil & The Tigers - Jingle Jump 


Vol. 2 (1966-1967) 

 01. Robin & The Three Hoods - I Wanna Do It 
 02. The Ricochettes - Come In My Love (Out Of The Rain) 
 03. The Robbs - Race With The Wind 
 04. The Robbs - Bittersweet 
 05. The Skunks - Evira 
 06. The Ricochettes - Find Another Boy 
 07. Sano & The Saints Five - Mercy, Mercy 
 08. The Bogis Chimes - Please Don't Forget 
 09. The Shaprels - Dare I Weep, Dare I Mourn 
 10. The Skunks - It's Only Love 
 11. The Skunks - Little Angel 
 12. The Messengers - Midnight Hour 
 13. Junior & The Classics - Wise Up 
 14. The Robbs - Rapid Transit 
 15. The Baroques - Mary Jane 
 16. The Baroques - Iowa, A Girl's Name 
 17. The Esquires - Get On Up 
 18. The Next Five - Little Black Egg 
 19. The Messengers - Window Shopping 
 20. The Destinations - Hello Girl 
 21. The Invasion - I Want To Thank You 
 22. The Shag - Stop & Listen 
 23. The Esquires - And Get Away 
 24. Harvey Scales & The Seven Sounds - Get Down 
 25. Harvey Scales & The Seven Sounds - Love Itis 
 26. Junior & The Classics - Kill The Pain 
 27. The Next Five - Mama Said 


Vol. 3 (1968-1977)  
More Great Rock From Wisconsin!!!!!

 01. The Skunks - I Recommend Her 
 02. Tony's Tygers - Little By Little 
 03. The Sidewalk Skipper Band - Cynthia At The Garden 
 04. The Sidewalk Skipper Band - Strawberry Tuesday 
 05. The Tygers - Can't Believe 
 06. The Love Society - Do You Wanna Dance 
 07. The Skunks - Small Town Girl 
 08. The Robbs - Changin' Winds 
 09. Thee Prophets - Playgirl 
 10. The Love Society - Tobacco Road 
 11. The Wrest - Bet Your Sweet Bippy 
 12. The Unchained Mynds - We Can't Go On This Way 
 13. The Coachmen - Girl In The Wind 
 14. The Skunks - Doing Nothing 
 15. Thee Prophets - Some Kind Of Wonderful 
 16. The Love Society - Let's Pretend (We're Making Love) 
 17. The Underground Sunshine - Birthday 
 18. Thee Prophets - Rag Doll Baby 
 19. Bare Fat - You Can All Join In 
 20. The Freeloaders - I Who Have Nothing 
 21. Larry Lynn - Back On The Street Again 
 22. Today's Tomorrow - Witchi Tai To 
 23. The Messengers - I Gotta Dance 
 24. Cherokee - Girl,I've Got News For You 
 25. The Messengers - That's The Way A Woman Is 
 26. The Black Society - Look Around You 
 27. Truc - There's A Moon Out Tonight 
 28. The Sunblind Lion - Jamiacan Holiday 
 29. Bad Boy - Thinking Of You 


Vol. 4 (1957-1964)  
The First Rock And Roll Song Recorded in Wisconsin and VERY First Swastika/Cuca Records Release

 01. Intro - Intro 
 02. The Fendermen - Mule Skinner Blues(First Version) 
 03. The Noblemen - Dragon Walk 
 04. Dave Kennedys & The Ambassors - You Didn't Listen 
 05. Bobby Dean - It's A Fad,Ma 
 06. Vilas Craig - Gotta Find My Baby 
 07. The Soul Brothers - What Did She Say 
 08. The Teen Kings - I Might Have Known 
 09. Steve Sperry - That Ain't So 
 10. The Thundermen - Flyin' High 
 11. The Tornados - Scalping Party 
 12. The White Caps - Rock 'n' Roll Saddles 
 13. Ken Davis - Shook Shake 
 14. Johnny Jay - Sugar Doll 
 15. Gary Lane & The Mad Lads - Henrietta 
 16. Scottie Stuart - Nightmare 
 17. The Teentones - Sands Of Arabia 
 18. The Zakons - Wasted 
 19. The Furys - This Way Out 
 20. The Montereys - Rocker 
 21. Bud Squires & The Teen's Men - Like Now 
 22. The Six Shooters - Rotation 
 23. Willie Tremain's Thunderbirds - Frankie's Rock 
 24. Ronnie Premier & The Royal Lancers - Angel In My Eyes 
 25. Bobby Dean - Dime Store Pony Tail 
 26. The Bonnevilles - Sky Dive 




Vol. 5 (1958-1967)  
She She Little Sheila!

 01. The Emotionals - Misirlou 
 02. The Valients - Mutha 
 03. The Bel-Airs - (I'll Be)Forever Loving You 
 04. The Wanted - Wanted 
 05. The Darnells - (She She)Little Sheila 
 06. Johnny Waleen - Mystery Train 
 07. Sonny Williams - Lucky Linda 
 08. Skip & The Dukes - Angel 
 09. Paul Steffen & The Royal Lancers - Baby I Don't Care 
 10. The Tempests - Bop-A-Shimmy 
 11. The Casuals - Come On (Pretty One) 
 12. The Von Gayels - Twirl 
 13. The Nocturnes - Cyclone 
 14. Little Sirr Ryland - My Worried Lover 
 15. The Supremes Four - I Lost My Job(And I've Got To Find Another) 
 16. The Mules Skinners - Galloping Paul Revere(The British Are Coming) 
 17. Al Jareau - Shake Up 
 18. The Triumphs - Surfside Date 
 19. The Super Phonics - Teen-Age Partner 
 20. Chuck Sargent & The Ambassadors - I'm Afraid You'll Put Me Down 
 21. The Rhythm Royals - Near To You 
 22. The Blue Echoes - Moonride 
 23. Dick & Roger - Greatest Girl 
 24. The Fabulous Mad Lads - Walkin' With My Angel 
 25. Outro - Outro 
 26. Bobby Dean - Go Mr. Dillon 



 Vol. 6 (1963-1968)  
The Invaders Are Coming!

 01. The Converts - Don't Leave Me 
 02. Marrell's Marauders - The Marauder 
 03. The Wanderer's Rest - Anytime,Anywhere 
 04. Jack & The Beanstalks - So Many Times 
 05. The Zoo - Sometimes 
 06. The Invasion - Do You Like What You See? 
 07. The Baroques - There's Nothing To Do But Cry 
 08. The Golden Catalinas - Varsity Club Song 
 09. The Why 4 - Not Fade Away 
 10. The Why 4 - Hard Life 
 11. The Crucibles - You Know I Do 
 12. Joey Gee & The Come-Ons - She's Mean 
 13. The Moody Wallers - We Never Loved Before 
 14. The Young Savages - The Invaders Are Coming 
 15. Attila & The Huns - The Lonely Huns 
 16. The Paegans - I Can Only Give You Everything 
 17. The Ricochettes - Find Another Boy(First Version) 
 18. The Ricochettes - Don't Waste Your Time 
 19. The Quarry Men - Don't Try Your Luck 
 20. Lord Beverly Moss & The Mossmen - Please Please,What's The Matter 
 21. The Deverons - On The Road Again 
 22. Kiriae Crucible - Salem Witch Trials 
 23. The Chevrons - Still In Love With You 
 24. The Limeys - Silly Little Girl 
 25. The Loyal Opposition - Telling Lies 
 26. The Young Savages - Welcome To My World 
 27. The Casuals - Come On(Pretty One) 
 28. The Wanderer's Rest - You'll Forget 
 29. The Matadors - You're A Better Man Than I 
 30. The Mustard Men - I Lost My Baby 
 31. The Nomads - You Come Around 


Vol. 7 (1965-1969) 
Go Go Gorilla!

 1. The Shags - Dance Woman 
 2. The Shandells - Go Go Gorilla 
 3. Joey Dee & The Come-Ons - You Know-'Til The End Of Time 
 4. The Fugitives - You're The Kind Of Girl 
 5. The Fugitives - Come On And Clap! 
 6. The Intruders - Bringin' Me Down 
 7. The Next Five - Talk To Me Girl 
 8. The Trodden Path - Don't Follow Me 
 9. The Ricochettes - Losing You 
 10. The Ricochettes - I'll Be Back 
 11. The Matadors - Girl Don't Leave Me 
 12. The Shaprels - A Fool For Your Lies 
 13. The Cannons - Day To Day 
 14. The Next Five - He Stole My Love 
 15. The Exchequers - Is There Some Girl 
 16. The Orbits - Don 
 17. The Skunks - Don't 
 18. The Love Society - You Know How I Feel (And Why) 
 19. The Society - For Me 
 20. Jack & the Beanstalks - Don't Bug Me 
 21. The Fax - I Can Only Give You Everthing 
 22. The Sixth Street Viaduct - Kingdom Come 
 23. The Up-Stairs - Operator Please 
 24. Gord's Horde - I Don't Care 
 25. The Orbits - Make Me Feel Good 
 26. The London Fag - Mr. Baldi 
 27. The Coves - You're All Through 
 28. The Boroques - Rose Colored Glasses 
 29. The Spacemen - Same Old Grind 
 30. The Tiki's - We're On The Move 
 31. The Bryds - Your Lies 
 32. The Benders - (You) Can't Tame Me 


Vol. 8 (1957-1967) 
Badger Rock

 1. The Rock-A-Fellers - Say Mama 
 2. The T.J.'s - Farty Party 
 3. Aldon & The E.C's - Endsville 
 4. Vilas Craig - My Heart 
 5. Dick Buscher - I Wonder Why 
 6. The Von Gayels - Loneliness 
 7. Robby & The Teens - The Angel You Sent Me 
 8. Paul Stefen & The Apollos - Cry Angel Cry 
 9. Chico Holiday - I Believe, I Believe 
 10. The Rollettes Orchestra - Why Oh Why 
 11. Jimmy Sun & The Radiants - Molly & The Tenbrooks 
 12. Ray Allen & The Trendels - I Love You (And You Know I Really Mean It) 
 13. Al Jarreau - Room Boom 
 14. Harvey & The Seven Sounds - Glamour Girl 
 15. Harvey & The Seven Sounds - (On The Streets Of) New York City 
 16. Vilas Craig - Walking Down The Avenue 
 17. The Vigilantes - Ramblin' On 
 18. Wendi - You're So Fine 
 19. Chuck Tyler - She's All Mine 
 20. The Stage-Men - Fall Out 
 21. Arbis Hanyel - Roadhouse Rock 
 22. El Ray & The Night Beats - Ain't Gonna Kiss Ya 
 23. The Triumphs - Susie In My Hist'ry Class 
 24. Rose DuBats - Signals From Saturn 
 25. The Badgers With The Royal Lancers - Badger 


 Vol. 9 (1964-1969) 
Roo-Buh-Doo-Buh-Doo!

 1. The Maurauders - I Can Tell 
 2. The Journeymen - You're A Better Man Than I 
 3. The Journeymen - Realities In Life 
 4. The Girls Take Over - High Heel Sneakers 
 5. Raylene & The Blues Angels - Shakin' All Over 
 6. Robin & The Three Hoods - We The Living 
 7. Robin & The Three Hoods - A Day You'll Never Forget 
 8. The Glass Candle - Keep Right On Living 
 9. The Faros - I'm Cryin' 
 10. The Faros - I'm Calling You Back 
 11. The Hitchhikers - One Too Many Mornings 
 12. The Syndicate - Next 21st Of May 
 13. The Intruders - The World You Created (In Your Mind) 
 14. The Crucibles - Beware Of Birds 
 15. The Sandmen - You And I 
 16. The Primates - Girl Don't Tell Me 
 17. The Ricochettes - I Don't Want To 
 18. The Love Society - Without You 
 19. The Private Property - Jewelry Lady 
 20. The Private Property Of Digil - Sunshine Flames 
 21. The Coachmen - Movin' 
 22. The Coachmen - Hey Bulldog 
 23. The Unchained Mynds - Hole In My Shoe 
 24. The Unchained Mynds - Warm Smoke 
 25. The Statesmen - Roo-Bah-Doo-Bah-Doo 


Each volume has a short review that can be found on the "Wisconsin Music Blog" or in the PDF files in the archive

Thanks to stephanie rocks




 



5 comments:

  1. thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful selection. Thank you so much. 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little mistake slipped in. Vol. 1, song 1 - (01. The Rollettes Orchestra - Cinch ) CINCH = correctly VENUS ROCK. 👽🙂

    ReplyDelete

RULES :
1. ANONYMOUS REQUESTS WITHOUT ANSWER ! If you take the time to write a message, take a few seconds to sign it with your name, please.
2. If you think that the post was made in violation of your copyright, just report it in the comments and we will delete the material.
3. You can report of about dead links, but please don't make more than one - two repost request per week.