Lloyd Thaxtonwas an American writer, television producer, director, and television host widely known for his syndicated pop music television program of the 1960s, The Lloyd Thaxton Show, which began as a local Los Angeles program on KCOP in September 1961.
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd_Thaxton)
The Knickerbockers was American garage rock band formed in Bergenfield, New Jersey in 1964. They released the 1965 hit "Lies", which was known for its resemblance to the Beatles. The band was formed in 1964 by the brothers Beau Charles (guitar and vocals) and John Charles (bass and vocals) (birth names: Robert and John Carlos Cecchino respectively)
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Knickerbockers)
Lloyd Thaxton Presents The Knickerbockers (1965)
(An odd little album that uses 'trick track', which will play different songs depending on where you set the needle.)
01. The Knickerbockers - The Girl From Ipanema (2:22)
02. The Knickerbockers - There She Goes (2:06)
03. The Knickerbockers - I Want To Hold Your Hand (2:24)
04. The Knickerbockers - I Know A Place (2:42)
05. The Knickerbockers - The Hully Gully (2:29)
06. The Knickerbockers - King Of The Road (2:13)
07. The Knickerbockers - It's Not Unusual (2:10)
08. The Knickerbockers - Downtown (2:05)
09. The Knickerbockers - In The Misty Moonlight (2:10)
10. The Knickerbockers - Limbo Rock (1:57)
"This album is a curiosity, but hardly a 'must-have' for fans of the Knickerbockers. The group, most famous as 'Beatle soundalikes' for their recording of 'Lies', were all over the place musically. Their album 'Lies' is a mixed bag. Side one is the group emulating the Fab Four, and quite successfully. Side two is a different record, with sax player Buddy Randell performing 'Harlem Nocturne' and 'You'll Never Walk Alone'. Not exactly Liverpool music.
This album features the band's version of 'I Want to Hold Your Hand', and, as evidenced by the other titles, the group is relegated to performing other sixties' hits. Limbo Rock? Must be from 'The Jerk and Twine Time' period. It's a shame they never seriously focused on one genre. They could have been more successful sticking to the Mersey Beat. 'I Must Be Doing Something Right', 'One Track Mind' are less successful Beatle clones. 'The Fabulous Knickerbockers' CD features a very hip 'My Feet Are Off the Ground', which is interesting pop music Beatles or no Beatles." ~ jadedtom / discogs


thank youuuu
ReplyDeletethank youuuuu
ReplyDeleteThis looks interesting. I'm familiar with the Knickerbockers and Llyod Thaxton but I've never seen or heard of this release. Thanks for the opportunity.
ReplyDeleteThank You!!! Let's bring back the chat box as it was and see if it works as it used to.
ReplyDelete@paulrobin
DeleteHello, Paul
It's a good idea... But it comes with certain conditions, primarily pre-moderation or at least constant monitoring of messages. Otherwise, it'll be the same mess, which I really don't want to be responsible for.
Now, in response to your offer, I have a question... Would you agree to moderate the messages yourself? If so, I'll give you full access to the chat control panel and open up the administration of the blog itself, so I don't have to create a new website. So far, only one person (George) has responded to my similar offers, but I think at least two or three people are needed to keep the chat requests under control. Preferably from among those who was shared music or from people I've known and trusted for a long time...
So, what do you think? Do you agree?
Although, to be honest, I'm a little confused why, if so many people are so eager to revive the chat, they don't want to take this path themselves—open a blog and create their own chat... There's a wonderful example with the chat at https://oldrockerbr.blogspot.com/. But they have different conditions, and most importantly, the chat is pre-moderated, meaning it's Premium, which, unfortunately, didn't work out for us.
So... To implement the "Let's bring back the chat box as it was" idea, we need 2-3 people willing to monitor chat messages and a co-administrator of the blog itself. And then we'll "see if it works as it was used to"...
Since I've received so many offers to revive the chat project, I'm making one last attempt... This offer is open to everyone, subject to the conditions described above. Otherwise, I'll have to completely abandon this idea, with all the consequences...
Contact us at - oldmelodiesteam@gmail.com
Thank you.
ReplyDelete