Friday, January 15, 2021

VA - The Songs of Goffin & King 2CD


 Carole King & Gerry Goofin were one  of the most highly regardedand succesful songwriting & production teams of the 1960's , penning some of the most memorable hits of the era.They typified the " The Brill Building Sound " and songs crossed musical boundaries . This 2 cd set examins the early yrears pf their partnership between 1959-1962.


Disc 1 :

Don't Ever Change - The Crickets
Sharing You - Bobby Vee
Go Away Little Girl - Steve Lawrence
Up On The Roof - The Drifters
Show Me The Way - Ben E. King
Some Kind Of Wonderful - Tony Orlando
You Bet I Would - The Ronettes
What A Sweet Thing That Was - The Shirelles
How Can I Meet Her - The Everly Brothers
Keep You Love Locked ( Deep In Your Heart ) - Paul Petersen
Will You Love Me Tomorrow - Brenda Lee
Dear Mr DJ Play It Again - Tina Robin
Heaven Is Being With You - Jackie Deshannon
Hey Funny Face - Shelley Fabares
I Was Only Kidding - Ann Margret
Her Royal Majesty - James Darren
Bobby ,Bobby ,Bobby - Jo-Ann Campbell
Little Hollywood Girl - The Crickets
Down Home - Ben E. King
Help Me ( Find The Way Back To Your Heart ) - Andy Williams
I Could Have Loved You So Well - Ray Peterson
Another Night With The Boys - The Drifters
Am I The Guy ? - Tony Orlando
How Many Tears - Bobby Vee
Point Of No Return - Gen McDaniels
Chains  - The Cookies
No One Ever Tells You
Take Good Care Of My Baby - Dion
Keep Your Hands Off My Baby - Little Eva
Halfway To Paradise - Billy Fury

Disc 2 :

Walkin' With My ANgel - Bobby Vee
Not Just Tomorrow ,But Always
Every Breath I Take - Gene Pitney
I'd Never Find Another You - Billy Fury
It Might As Well Rain Until September - The Laine Sisters
The Loco-Motion - The Vernons Girls
Who Put The Bomb ( In The Bomp Bomp Bomp ) - The vIscounts
He Hit me ( And It Felts Like A Kiss ) - The Crystals
Stranger In My Arms - The Cookies
No One Can Make My Sunshine Smile - The Everly Brothers
I've Got Bonnie - Bobby Rydell
Why'd You Wanna Make Me Cry - Connie Stevens
School Bells Are Ringin' - Carole King
Dreamin' About You - Annette
He Is The Boy - Little Eva
He Knows I love Him Too Much - Arlene Smith
All The World Loves A Lover - Bertell Dache
Everybody's Got A Dance But Me - Big Dee Irwin
Follow That Girl - Vinnie Monte
The Light In You Window - Kenny Karen
Please Hurt Me - The Crystals
Billy's Ridin' - Ernie Sheldon
The Lovin' touch - Mark Dinning
Just Another Fool - Curtis Lee
The Kid Brother - Mickey & Sylvia
Where Do I Go - Little Eva
Nobody's Perfect - Carole King
Echoes - Teddy Randazzo
A Forever kind Of Love - Bobby Vee
When My Little Girl Is Smiling - The Drifters



 

3 comments:

RULES :
1. ANONYMOUS REQUESTS WITHOUT ANSWER ! If you take the time to write a message, take a few seconds to sign it with your name, please.
2. If you think that the post was made in violation of your copyright, just report it in the comments and we will delete the material.
3. You can report of about dead links, but please don't make more than one - two repost request per week.