Friday, October 27, 2023

Jerry Lordan - Who Could Be Bluer


 JASMCD2760

JERRY LORDAN not only wrote some of the most iconic instro's of the early 60s (e.g. 'Apache', 'Wonderful Land', 'Diamonds') he wrote regular songs, with which he scored some spectacular successes.

He also enjoyed a brief singing career himself, during the course of which he racked up a trio of self-penned UK hits, 'I'll Stay Single', 'Who Could Be Bluer?' and 'Sing Like An Angel'.

All three appear on this unique compilation, which rounds up Lordan's own recordings between 1959 and 1962, including his solo album 'All My Own Work', and his unfeasibly rare first 45rpm as one half of the duo Lee & Jay Elvin, which is invariably omitted from overviews of his work.

Also featured are eight songs he penned, recorded by Dale Hawkins, Anthony Newley, The Shadows, Cliff Richard, The John Barry Seven, Shane Fenton, Louise Cordet and Jet Harris & Tony Meehan.

01. Jerry Lordan - So the Story Goes 
 02. Jerry Lordan - When You See Her 
 03. Jerry Lordan - I'll Stay Single 
 04. Jerry Lordan - Can We Kiss 
 05. Jerry Lordan - Who Could Be Bluer? 
 06. Jerry Lordan - Do I Worry? 
 07. Jerry Lordan - Sing Like an Angel 
 08. Jerry Lordan - Ev'ry Time 
 09. Jerry Lordan - Ring, Write or Call 
 10. Jerry Lordan - I've Still Got You 
 11. Jerry Lordan - A House, a Car and a Wedding Ring 
 12. Jerry Lordan - I've Waited So Long 
 13. Jerry Lordan - Leave Me Alone 
 14. Jerry Lordan - First Romance 
 15. Jerry Lordan - Man on My Trail 
 16. Jerry Lordan - Love Where Can You Be? 
 17. Jerry Lordan - I Want to Fall in Love 
 18. Jerry Lordan - All Night Long 
 19. Jerry Lordan - Apache 
 20. Jerry Lordan - I'll Stay Single 
 21. Jerry Lordan - Married 
 22. Jerry Lordan - The World's Loneliest Man 
 23. Jerry Lordan - Let's Try Again 
 24. Jerry Lordan - You Came a Long Way from St. Louis 
 25. Jerry Lordan - One Good Solid 24 Carat Reason 
 26. Jerry Lordan - Second Hand Dream 
 27. Dale Hawkins - A House, A Car and a Wedding Ring 
 28. Anthony Newley - I've Waited So Long 
 29. The Shadows - Apache 
 30. Cliff Richard & The Shadows - A Girl Like You 
 31. The John Barry Seven - Starfire 
 32. Shane Fenton - Walk Away 
 33. Louise Cordet - I'm Just a Baby 
 34. Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Diamonds 



Thanks to Klaus (CannaPower)

 

5 comments:

RULES :
1. ANONYMOUS REQUESTS WITHOUT ANSWER ! If you take the time to write a message, take a few seconds to sign it with your name, please.
2. If you think that the post was made in violation of your copyright, just report it in the comments and we will delete the material.
3. You can report of about dead links, but please don't make more than one - two repost request per week.