Sunday, October 29, 2023

The Chessmen - Collection 1964 - 1966



Primarily remembered as Terry Jacks' first band, this Vancouver, B.C. ensemble cut four singles during their brief career (1963-66).
 Core members included Guy Sobell (lead guitarist and founder) and Bruce Peterson (electric accordion); with various drummers and bassists (e.g. Bill Lockie, Al Wiertz, Miles Kingan and Larry Borisoff) passing through the rhythm section's revolving door. Billing themselves as "The Modern Rock Quartet, " they began as frat-house instrumentalists but quickly progressed to mainstream pop. Their first 45, "Meadowlands" b/w "Mustang" (London 17334), was an inspired reworking of (of all things!) an old Russian folk song, and spotlighted Sobell's lightning-fast flat-picking. "The Way You Fell" b/w "She Comes By Night" (London 17340) debuted Jacks' soft, saccharine vocals and hit #2 locally. The A-side invokes the Grassroots or the Cascades, the flip is an odd grave-rock dirge. Still, both tracks demonstrate Jacks' growing talent as a songwriter (fortunate, for the band found his rhythm guitar work abysmal and had considered dumping him!). Despite U.S. airplay in Chicago and the Midwest, two further 45's met with general indifference, and in 1966, the Chessmen retired from the board. Jacks, briefly affiliating with the Poppy Family, later found fame as the author of the memorably maudlin, "Seasons In The Sun."...   

             More -----> https://garagehangover.com/chessmen-bc/

The Chessmen - Collection (1964-1966) (13 / 29:22)

 1. The Chessmen - Love Didn't Die 
 2. The Chessmen - For Running Wild 
 3. The Chessmen - The Way You Fell 
 4. The Chessmen - Meadowlands 
 5. The Chessmen - You Lost Your Game 
 6. The Chessmen - Whats Causing This Sensation 
 7. The Chessmen - She Comes By Night 
 8. The Chessmen - Mustang 
 9. The Chessmen - When I'm Not There New 
 10. The Chessmen - There's No Blood In Bone 
 11. The Chessmen - Instrumental 
 12. The Chessmen - Wild Thing 
 13. The Chessmen - You Lost Your Game 



    3. The Chessmen - You Lost Your Game (2:07)

16 comments:

  1. ..........................................................................

    http://rapidshare.com/files/
    ---------------------------------->
    425976749/Chessmen.rar

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY NEW BLOGS:

    www.lajsosoundlimited.blogspot.com

    www.lajsorock.blogspot.com

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lajso.I'm glad to see you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. a very good band from canada, thanks again dmitrich

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo zusammen ,
    erstmal vielen vielen Dank für die gute Info und die vielen Alben .
    GREAT GREAT JOB !!!!
    Für einen 55 jährigen genau das Richtige .Höre auch viel bei Fahrten mit dem Motorrad .
    Gibt es eigentlich eine Linkliste für alle Blogs mit Music der 50er bis 80er ??
    Info bitte an :
    fred_fender11@yahoo.co.uk .
    Wenn etwas gesucht wird , auch bitte melden . Hab auch so einiges .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really it's gem !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Can you please post new link?

    Thanks, Rich.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to say, but this is a junkdownload site, impossible to download.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Psyclist

    No need to apologize... But 64 downloads in 2 days no mean anything? I don’t know a single file hosting service that at least one or two people haven’t complained about... I myself download files through this service and don’t experience any problems. But the main thing is that the service is very convenient for uploaders. Files are stored for a year after the last download, plus unlimited disk space and high speed. .For me, as for any other uploader, this is very important. Try again, I gave you a little hint in the form of a banner. If it doesn't work out, I'll make a mirror, but this is an exception... Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I dont want to offend you, you know that. This site gets the alarm off for virusses. Plus, the site doesnt load proper so I have no idea where to click for the download. I have tried several browsers. That's why I think it's a junk site. No offense to all your great work making all this music available.

    ReplyDelete

  11. @Psyclist

    Hi

    Let's start with the fact that the service has existed since 2014...And if it were a malicious site, it would not have lived for so long. I use Kaspersky, it does not detect any threats, although it is a rather scrupulous antivirus in this matter. I agree that the download page is too crowded with advertisements and banners. It’s quite possible that your anti-banner or ad blocker, or whatever you have installed there, reacts to this... But I won’t argue with you or prove anything.
    -------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------
    2ip Safe Browsing: No viruses detected
    Google Safe Browsing: This site is considered safe by Google.com
    Yandex Safe Browsing: Yandex.ru classifies this site as safe
    -------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
    You can check the site addresses yourself - (https://wdfiles.ru/index.html); (https://wdfiles.ru/1rWx7) for viruses online. Here are some services:
    https://vms.drweb.com/online/?lng=en
    https://gridinsoft.com/online-virus-scanner#url
    https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/url
    Good luck !
    Alternative link. I hope there won't be any problems with her
    https://www.imagenetz.de/files/ff42c672df854e65a9121169badc9d80.rar

    ReplyDelete

RULES :
1. ANONYMOUS REQUESTS WITHOUT ANSWER ! If you take the time to write a message, take a few seconds to sign it with your name, please.
2. If you think that the post was made in violation of your copyright, just report it in the comments and we will delete the material.
3. You can report of about dead links, but please don't make more than one - two repost request per week.