Saturday, March 06, 2021

Various Artists - Teenage Shutdown Vol.1-5


" The '60s were rife with do-it-yourself regional garage bands, snarling and whomping and sometimes even recording. We must never forget those brave Beatle-booted souls, whose only mission in life was to make a lot of noise and get a lot of girls.

Thankfully, a large sampling of these "pounding, pulverizing, all-out punk dance ravers" are captured in all their scratchy glory on the Teenage Shutdown series of CD's and vinyl(!). And Jump, Jive and Harmonize is the bossest of a boss bunch. The group names and the titles are provocative: The Us Four - "The Alligator," The Groupies - "Hog," The Shandells - "Gorilla," and every number lives up to its promise with a crunchy screaming three-chord wallop.

The compilers have even researched the artists: a monumental undertaking to be sure, given that these were local bands on tiny regional labels with names like Renco, Empire, GlenValley, and my favorite, Pa-Go-Go. J, J & H spans the years '64 to '67 - a time when recycling the "Louie Louie" riff was a noble undertaking. It was that precious moment in history before everything got all psychedelic and overbearing and just plain SERIOUS. Pop in this CD and smell the fumes." ~  


Teenage Shutdown Vol.1 - Jump, Jive & Harmonize [1995]


01. Thee Midniters - Jump Jive And Harmonize [2:31]
02. Jolly Green Giants - Busy Body [2:08]
03. The Five Americans - Slippin' And Slidin' [1:55]
04. The Four Of Us - The Alligator [2:48]
05. The In Crowd - Set Me Free [2:06]
06. Cobras - I Wanna Be Your Love [2:57]
07. Count & The Colony - Can't You See [2:43]
08. Del Shannon - Move It On Over [2:58]
09. Mark & The Escorts - Get Your Baby [2:02]
10. Jimmy Stokely And The Exiles - It's Alligator Time [2:19]
11. Los Shains - El Monstruo [2:20]
12. Baby Huey & The Babysitters - Monkey Man [2:33]
13. The Shandells - Gorilla [2:55]
14. The Centurys - 83 [2:30]
15. The Twiliters - (Everybody's Goin To) Rollerland [2:31]
16. The Esquires - Come On, Come On [1:46]
17. Preachers - Who Do You Love [2:18]
18. Mr. Lucky & The Gamblers - Take A Look At Me [2:52]
19. The Groupies - Hog (I'm A Hog For You Baby) [2:55]
20. The Human Beings - Ain't That Lovin' You Baby [2:37]


Teenage Shutdown Vol.2 - You Treated Me Bad! [1995]


01. Gremlins - Wait [2:06]
02. Moxies - Get A Move On [2:00]
03. I.D. Rogues - Why Did God Make Girls [2:08]
04. Monday's Mondos - I'm Cryin' [2:37]
05. Terry Davidson & The Barracudas - Hurray For Hazel [2:12]
06. Little John & The Sherwoods - Long Hair [2:16]
07. The Quests - Scream Loud [2:28]
08. Plagues - I've Been Through It Before [2:37]
09. The Twiliters - The Girl From Liverpool [2:06]
10. The Midknights - Pain [1:32]
11. Possums - She's Loving Me [3:05]
12. The Morticians - It's Gonna Take A While [2:34]
13. The Sound Extraction - I Feel Like Crying [2:46]
14. Messengers - I've Seen You Around [2:02]
15. The Saints - Leavin' You, Baby [2:16]
16. Dead Beats - She Don't Love Me [2:07]
17. Mysterymen - I've Got A Feeling [2:15]
18. The Shoremen - She's Bad [2:25]
19. The JuJus - You Treat Me Bad [1:51]


Teenage Shutdown Vol.3 - Things Been Bad [1995]



01. The Pagans - Baba Yaga [2:17]
02. Choab - Why Am I Alone? [1:57]
03. The Barracudas - What I Want You To Say [2:21]
04. Ognir And The Night People - I Found A New Love [2:14]
05. The Other Half - The Girl With The Long Black Hair [2:55]
06. Yo-Yo - Gotta Find A New Love [2:48]
07. Thee Midnighters - I Found A Peanut [2:41]
08. The Pilgrimmage - Bad Apple [2:25]
09. Debonaires - Never Mistaken [2:30]
10. Roamin' Togas - Bar The Door [2:21]
11. Peter & Wolves - Only Everything [2:40]
12. The Roots - Lost One [2:17]
13. The Inner Thoughts - 1000 Miles [2:54]
14. Talismen - She Was Good [2:13]
15. The Saxons - Things Have Been Bad [2:40]
16. Stains - Now & Then [1:59]
17. The Lost Soles - Do You Remember [2:19]
18. Kama-Del-Sutra - She Taught Me Love [2:12]


Teenage Shutdown Vol.4 - I’m A No-Count [1995]



01. Fallen Angels - Bad Woman [2:10]
02. Jolly Green Giants - Caught You Red Handed [2:12]
03. Dale Gregory & The Shouters - Did Ya Need To Know [2:03]
04. Plague - Go Away [1:54]
05. The Heard - Stop It Baby [2:27]
06. The Continentals - I'm Gone [2:48]
07. Gents - If You Don't Come Back [2:13]
08. Byron & The Mortals - Do You Believe Me [2:14]
09. The Outcasts - 1523 Blair [1:48]
10. The Chob - We're Pretty Quick [2:24]
11. Al's Untouchables - Come On Baby [2:05]
12. Ty Wagner With The Scotchmen - I'm A No Count [2:32]
13. Magic Plants - I'm A Nothing [2:40]
14. M.G. & The Escorts - A Someday Fool [2:34]
15. Cavemen - It's Trash [2:04]
16. The Passions - Lively One [2:31]
17. The Opposite Six - I'll Be Gone [2:24]
18. The Reddlemen - I'm Gonna Get In That Girl's Mind [2:23]
19. Barking Spiders - I Want Your Love [2:38]


Teenage Shutdown Vol.5 - Nobody To Love [1995]


01. The Intruders - Now That You Know [2:35]
02. The Illusions - Wait Till The Summer [2:09]
03. The Shandels - Shades Of Blue [2:05]
04. The Paradox - There's A Flower Shop [2:39]
05. The Lovin' Kind - I'm Free [2:33]
06. Mike's Messengers - Cause Of All Man-Kind [2:58]
07. Sonics Inc. - Nobody To Love [2:45]
08. The Answers - Fool Turn Around [2:37]
09. The Jades - Surface World [2:32]
10. The Twilights - It Couldn't Be True [3:10]
11. The Viscount V - She Doesn't Know [2:16]
12. The Paragons - Abba [3:10]
13. The Sounds Like Us - Outside Chance [2:01]
14. The Rogues - You Better Look Now [2:15]
15. The Go-Betweens - Have You For My Own [2:31]
16. The Answers - Please Go Away [2:30]
17. The Plagues - Tears From My Eyes [2:47]
18. The Lovin' Kind - Can't Explain [2:43]




 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! Updating my files!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Witaj mój przyjacielu. Cieszę się, że cię widzę. Postaram się znaleźć czas na napisanie do Ciebie listu. Mam nadzieję, że dobrze się Wam, Kasiu i dzieciom macie. Przekaż im moje pozdrowienia. I dbaj o siebie.

      Delete

RULES :
1. ANONYMOUS REQUESTS WITHOUT ANSWER ! If you take the time to write a message, take a few seconds to sign it with your name, please.
2. If you think that the post was made in violation of your copyright, just report it in the comments and we will delete the material.
3. You can report of about dead links, but please don't make more than one - two repost request per week.