Thursday, October 28, 2021

The Misunderstood The Children of the Sun Complete Recordings 65-66


 




CHILDREN OF THE SUN finally assembles The Misunderstood’s entire known output from 1965-1966 onto one package, suitably re-mastered by Alec Palao. With incisive sleeve-notes from Mike Stax (Ugly Things) and involvement with various original band members, and a handsome design from Andy Morten (Shindig!), this is truly the definitive document of a legendary underground band, assembled by those who love their music.


The Misunderstood – Children Of The Sun (The Complete Recordings 1965-1966)

Label: Grapefruit Records – CRSEG086D

Format:

2 x CD, Compilation, Remastered, Mono

Country: UK

Released:

Genre: Electronic, Rock

Style: Blues Rock, Psychedelic Rock


Tracklist


1-1 Children Of The Sun

Written-By – Rick Brown (4), Tony Hill

2:50

1-2 My Mind

Written-By – Rick Brown (4), Tony Hill

2:34

1-3 Who Do You Love

Written-By – Ellas McDaniel

2:26

1-4 I Unseen

Written-By – Rick Brown (4), Tony Hill

2:02

1-5 Find The Hidden Door

Written-By – Rick Brown (4), Tony Hill

2:14

1-6 I Can Take You To The Sun

Written-By – Rick Brown (4), Tony Hill

3:41

1-7 I'm Not Talking (UK Version)

Written-By – Mose Allison

2:14

1-8 I Unseen (IBC Acetate)

Written-By – Rick Brown (4), Tony Hill

2:01

1-9 My Mind (IBC Acetate)

Written-By – Rick Brown (4), Tony Hill

2:26

1-10 Find The Hidden Door (IBC Acetate)

Written-By – Rick Brown (4), Tony Hill

2:09

1-11 Children Of The Sun (IBC Acetate 1)

Written-By – Rick Brown (4), Tony Hill

2:52

1-12 Who’s Been Talking

Written-By – Chester Burnett

3:00

1-13 You Don't Have To Go

Written-By – Jimmy Reed

4:45

1-14 I'm Not Talking (Gold Star Version)

Written-By – Mose Allison

5:33

1-15 Children Of The Sun (IBC Acetate 2)

Written-By – Rick Brown (4), Tony Hill

2:49

2-1 She Got Me (Version 1)

Written-By – George Phelps, Greg Treadway, Rick Brown (4), Rick Moe, Steve Whiting

2:53

2-2 I Need Your Love

Written-By – Greg Treadway, Rick Brown (4)

3:21

2-3 I Cried My Eyes Out

Written-By – Greg Treadway, Rick Brown (4)

2:41

2-4 Cryin’ Over Luv

Written-By – George Phelps, Greg Treadway, Rick Brown (4), Rick Moe, Steve Whiting

2:24

2-5 End Of Time

Written-By – George Phelps, Greg Treadway, Rick Brown (4), Rick Moe, Steve Whiting

3:16

2-6 Like I Do

Written-By – Greg Treadway, Rick Brown (4)

2:52

2-7 She Got Me (Version 2)

Written-By – George Phelps, Greg Treadway, Rick Brown (4), Rick Moe, Steve Whiting

2:15

2-8 Why?

Written-By – George Phelps, Greg Treadway, Rick Brown (4), Rick Moe, Steve Whiting

2:54

2-9 Bury My Body

Arranged By – George Phelps, Greg Treadway, Rick Brown (4), Rick Moe, Steve Whiting

Written-By – Trad.*

2:33

2-10 Don't Break Me Down

Written-By – George Phelps, Greg Treadway, Rick Brown (4), Rick Moe, Steve Whiting

2:41

2-11 Got Love If You Want It

Written-By – James Moore

3:32

2-12 Thunder 'N Lightnin'

Written-By – Hoyt Axton

3:23

2-13 I Unseen (Riverside Version)

Lyrics By – Nâzim Hikmet

Music By, Arranged By – Steve Whiting

2:28

2-14 Shake Your Moneymaker

Written-By – Elmore James

3:49

2-15 I Just Want To Make Love To You

Written-By – Willie Dixon

3:12

2-16 You Got Me Dizzy

Written-By – Ewart Abner*, Jimmy Reed

3:11

2-17 Goin' To New York

Written-By – Jimmy Reed, Mary Reed (2)

2:36

2-18 Blues With A Feeling

Written-By – Walter Jacobs

4:34

Enjoy

Ty To Original Sharer


🎃

6 comments:

RULES :
1. ANONYMOUS REQUESTS WITHOUT ANSWER ! If you take the time to write a message, take a few seconds to sign it with your name, please.
2. If you think that the post was made in violation of your copyright, just report it in the comments and we will delete the material.
3. You can report of about dead links, but please don't make more than one - two repost request per week.