Monday, March 04, 2019

The Vettes - Rev-Up (1964 2018 USA)




Members: Bruce Johnston, Jay Migliori, Steve Kreisman. 3 Singles and 1 LP in 1963-1964. Originally issued in January 1964 Rev-Up is waxed wildly by genre-legends such as Steve Douglas, Bruce Johnston, Jerry Cole & other studio king-pins including Hal Blaine, Glen Campbell, Tommy Tedesco, Leon Russell, and more - a Wrecking Crew who's who! Drag-Strip tested! A fantastic West Coast rarity, Rev-Up is a masterpiece filled with harmony-laden hot rod vocals and powerhouse instrumentals! Appearing here in the mix-copies routinely sell for hundreds of dollars.


5 comments:

  1. A little off topic, but you wouldn't happen to have the early 60's USA band Mike and The Ravens "Nevermore" would you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible (for me) to find an album so good that I've never heard before. 60s seem really to have no limits :) I'm happy to know I've got still so many good things to discover.
    Thank you very much for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really would appreciate a re-up on this one! What say?
    Thankss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know if my comment hasn't appeared yet (or disappeared!), but I'd sure appreciate a re-up on this! Please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes ! like mister Rev bIGhiG !
    I wait a new link for this Hot Rod playlist !!
    Keep on Rockin' and Surfin' !!

    ReplyDelete

RULES :
1. ANONYMOUS REQUESTS WITHOUT ANSWER ! If you take the time to write a message, take a few seconds to sign it with your name, please.
2. If you think that the post was made in violation of your copyright, just report it in the comments and we will delete the material.
3. You can report of about dead links, but please don't make more than one - two repost request per week.