"Shortlived garage band from Uppsala, Sweden, for which I don't know and can't seem to find any facts on formation or early history. Later on bassist Kjell Matchke took part in the "New Shanes" reformation, keybordist "Ola" played in a couple of less known groups in the eighties and nineties and drummer Christer Jarlstrand was a member in Maniacs from 1967. As the story goes this one-off LP was recorded in just five hours at the Stockholm music scene Kingside with help of a "recording bus" in freezing cold. If that's true it was sure an heroic effort, cause this is a surprisingly good pop/beat album. All songs written by singer Christer Berglund (1942-2016) - here under alias "Chris Corday" - most in a contemporary merseybeat style. Well written, played and sung, spiced with just enough imperfection and live feeling to make it good garage." ~ monolover
"Album from 1964 by the Swedish beat group Beat Incorporated. They were a very good band that only released one album, namely this one. I haven't been able to find much information about the band, so I assume they weren't too big. Still, the frontman of the band, Christer Berglund more known as Chris Corday, was quite successful as a song-writer, his songs being covered by The Spotnicks (Please Say Yes and I Know a Secret), The Scorpions (Ann-Loise, Cheated and You Treat Me Bad) and rather recently, Peter Berry and the Shake Set (Please Say Yes), and probably more." ~ Simon Stadin


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete