Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Lazy Day: The Pop Songs of Tony Powers & George Fischoff 1965-1968

 







Two of the Brill Building's finest writing teams get an extensive overview on Teensville Records' Lazy Day: The Pop Songs Of Tony Powers & George Fischoff (1965-1968). The compilation features 21 songs the team collaborated on including versions of hits like the title track, Ain't Gonna Lie and 98.6. It also features 9 tracks co-written by Powers or Fischoff with other penmans of the day. Song styles span sunshine pop, R&B, girl goodies and brit beat. Included is a full colour booklet featuring full track annotations and special participation pieces from Tony Powers and George Fischoff's daughter, Lisa.


Tracks

01. Tinkerbell's Fairydust - Lazy Day

02. April Young - Run To My Lovin' Arms

03. Peter Kastner - I Just Can't Get Over You

04. The Bushmen - You're The Girl

05. Jamie - The Priceless Gem

06. The Galaxies - Aint Gonna Lie

07. Darin D. Anna - We Were Lovers

08. Kiki Dee - With A Kiss

09. Chris & Peter Allen - A Baby's Coming

10. Parrish Broxton - Be There Baby

11. The Present - Many's The Slip Twixt The Cup And The Lip

12. Gerri Thomas - Look What I Got

13. Keith - Sweet Dreams (Do Come True)

14. Michael J. James - She Needs The Same Things I Need

15. The Bystanders - 98.6

16. Mer-Lyn - Promise

17. The Beatstalkers - Rain Coloured Roses

18. Nooney Rickett - A Man Needs Love

19. Buffalo Nickel - Hard To Be Without You

20. Betty Everett - In Your Arms

21. Steve Leeds - Midsummer's Night

22. Tony Liss - I Hope He Breaks Your Heart

23. The Truth - Who's Wrong

24. The Quiet Five - Ain't It Funny What Some Lovin' Can Do

25. The McGuire Sisters - Foolish Heart

26. The Richard Kent Style - No Matter What You Do

27. Peter Kastner - Time Out

28. The Trends - Not Another Day

29. Trendsetters Ltd - You Sure Got A Funny Way Of Showing Your Love

30. Lenny Welch - I'm Dreaming Again

Enjoy

Ty To yahwehfrk For this Comp

"I hope for nothing, I fear nothing, I am free"






3 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Thanx for this one. Some "new" artists here = "new" hears here. Teensville comps. are great.

    Cheers!
    Ciao! For now.
    rntcj

    ReplyDelete

RULES :
1. ANONYMOUS REQUESTS WITHOUT ANSWER ! If you take the time to write a message, take a few seconds to sign it with your name, please.
2. If you think that the post was made in violation of your copyright, just report it in the comments and we will delete the material.
3. You can report of about dead links, but please don't make more than one - two repost request per week.