Thursday, January 23, 2020

Youth Quake 60's Obscurities






Youthquake was a 1960s cultural movement. The term was coined by Vogue magazine's editor-in-chief Diana Vreeland in 1965. Youthquake involved music, pop culture and changed the landscape of the fashion industry. The movement is characterized by looking to youth culture for a source of inspiration, taking dominance away from the Parisian couture houses.

Tracklist

01 - Lady Godiva - Pooh & The Heffalumphs (Laurie LR 3281a: 1964)
02 - Youth Quake - The Skunks (Mercury 72449a: 1965)
03 - For My Own - The Guilloteens (HBR 451a: 1965) 
04 - I'm Glad I Knew You - P-Nut Butter (Mascot M-113b: 1966) 
05 - Once Upon A Time - Lada Edmund Jr. (Decca 31937b: 1966) 
06 - Since I Found You - Joel Christie (Imperial 66198a: 1966) 
07 - The Wrong Woman - Chris & Peter Allen (ABC-Paramount 45-10811a: 1966)  
08 - Make Up Before We Break Up - Dick and Dee Dee (Warner Bros. 5860a: 1966) 
09 - Dianne, Dianne - Ronny & The Daytonas (RCA Victor 47-8896b: 1966) 
10 - Two Kinds Of Lovers - The Fugue Four (United Artists UA 50074a: 1966) 
11 - (I Couldn't Think About Livin' Without You) Thinkin' 'Bout Me - Fairchilds (A&M 903a:1967) 
12 - If He Would Care - Sandy & Sally (Capitol 5794a: 1967) 
13 - Poor Boy - Young Stuff (Canterbury C-514a: 1967) 
14 - Candy Candy - The Doughboys (Bell 878a: 1967) 
15 - Pretty Daisy - The Knack (Capitol 5940a: 1967) 
16 - My Mind Goes Travelling - The Exception (Capitol 2046a: 1967) 
17 - I'd Love To Give My Love Away - The Exiles (Date 2-1598a: 1968)
18 - Don'cha Feel Like Cryin' - Nobody's Children (Bullet BU-1000b: 1968) 
19 - You Can't Hide - Astrakan Sleeve (Musicor MU 1320a: 1968) 
20 - Bitter Honey - The Holy Mackarel (Reprise 0768a: 1968) 
21 - Cold December (In Your Heart) - The Limeliters with Glenn Yarbrough (Warner Bros. 7177a: 1968) 
22 - World War Two In Cincinatti - The Shambles (Atco 45-6574a: 1968
23 - Billy - Cotton Candy (Dunhill D-4190a: 1969) 
24 - Living Is Easy - Linda Lawley (Tower 500a: 1969) 
25 - Lily White - Our Patch Of Blue (Warner Bros. 7257b: 1969)
26 - Lisa - Rhys O'Brien & America 70 (Laurie LR3535a: 1970)
27 - Last Night's Dream - Rockin' Horse People (Mercury 73065a: 1970)
28 - Never To Leave - Poets In Motion (RCA 47-9840b: 1970)
29 - I Kept On Loving You (Skin, Melba 6001a: ca 1970) 
30 - Easy Keeper - Morning (Vault V-972a: 1970) 
31 - Yours Till Forever - Griffin (Capitol 2821a: 1970) 
32 - This Is The Beginning Of My Love - Steve Tudanger (Mercury 73179b: 1971)

Enjoy

Ty To Original Sharer

"I hope for nothing, I fear nothing, I am free"

4 comments:

RULES :
1. ANONYMOUS REQUESTS WITHOUT ANSWER ! If you take the time to write a message, take a few seconds to sign it with your name, please.
2. If you think that the post was made in violation of your copyright, just report it in the comments and we will delete the material.
3. You can report of about dead links, but please don't make more than one - two repost request per week.